The cookie jar continues to flourish.

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is about 8 months old now. Just a air stone and heater and weekly water change. Adding some sexy shrimp tomorrow.
If anyone wants to suggest the amount of sexy shrimp they think this jar can support please speak up.

C7539FC0-B685-46A5-8F5F-678E259BDA08.jpeg D31F13F3-C798-484F-AEEC-AAAD7DDD44B4.jpeg 04B926E1-6038-437D-8A1C-321A218116CE.jpeg 01650D82-4309-4C8B-9BBA-E963B678A2F5.jpeg

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I have virtually the same setup although i dont have nearly as many frags just yet. Just curious if you have a lid on your jar and how high you have your light off the tank? My corals arent opening up quite as much as id like and i am thinking that might have something to do with it. Also curious as to how often your feeding. Thanks in advvance.

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I have virtually the same setup although i dont have nearly as many frags just yet. Just curious if you have a lid on your jar and how high you have your light off the tank? My corals arent opening up quite as much as id like and i am thinking that might have something to do with it. Also curious as to how often your feeding. Thanks in advvance.
I do have a lid. I used to have the light about 13 inches above the tank but it is currently prob 9/10 inches. Idk why but over time everything started begging for more light. I add one drop of fuel(amino acids) daily. I feed my fish and lps pellets every two or three days. I feed pellets with a turkey baster and make sure that each pellet makes it way to a mouth. I actually feed the fish above the lps so that any that he misses might make its way to the lps. I’ll add a literal drop of oyster feast that same day I feed pellets so that the tank a little dirtier. I broadcast/direct feed reef roids 2/3 hours before my 100% water change which is once weekly. After the water change I’ll add 5 drops of amino acids and 3 drops of oyster.

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a lid. I used to have the light about 13 inches above the tank but it is currently prob 9/10 inches. Idk why but over time everything started begging for more light. I add one drop of fuel(amino acids) daily. I feed my fish and lps pellets every two or three days. I feed pellets with a turkey baster and make sure that each pellet makes it way to a mouth. I actually feed the fish above the lps so that any that he misses might make its way to the lps. I’ll add a literal drop of oyster feast that same day I feed pellets so that the tank a little dirtier. I broadcast/direct feed reef roids 2/3 hours before my 100% water change which is once weekly. After the water change I’ll add 5 drops of amino acids and 3 drops of oyster.
While this works for my tank, please please please make very small adjustments over time. This is the sweet spot for my tank. Every tank is different. I started with just reef roids once a week and worked my way to this feeding schedule over 6 months. The first change I’d make if you aren’t doing it is dosing amino acids. They’ll make everything’s growth in the tank really take off.

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this works for my tank, please please please make very small adjustments over time. This is the sweet spot for my tank. Every tank is different. I started with just reef roids once a week and worked my way to this feeding schedule over 6 months. The first change I’d make if you aren’t doing it is dosing amino acids. They’ll make everything’s growth in the tank really take off.
This is exactly what im doing reef rpids once a week about 2 hours or so before a full waterchange. I do have one fish and he gets frozen mysis every other day give or take. My light is about the same height maybe a little higher. Ill look into the amino acids. Thanks for your response! Heres a pic for reference

20200811_135210.jpg

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you have a clown goby in there is there anything else livestock wise other than the corals? I have a lawn mower blenny in mine and i would like to get him out he is just too big and i feel bad for it. Bought it out of negligence and the lfs said it would be fine ‍♂️. I plan to donate it back and get a clown goby as well.

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you have a clown goby in there is there anything else livestock wise other than the corals? I have a lawn mower blenny in mine and i would like to get him out he is just too big and i feel bad for it. Bought it out of negligence and the lfs said it would be fine ‍♂. I plan to donate it back and get a clown goby as well.
That’s a good call. I’d recommend a clown goby, warpaint goby, or a new goby. I love my warpaint. He looks really cool and has a lot of personality. If I’m at my desk he’s always perched and watching me. I have two snail and two or three tiny hermits. I have a lot of hitchhikers in there too. Spaghetti worms, pods, mico starfish, etc. but that’s it.

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what im doing reef rpids once a week about 2 hours or so before a full waterchange. I do have one fish and he gets frozen mysis every other day give or take. My light is about the same height maybe a little higher. Ill look into the amino acids. Thanks for your response! Heres a pic for reference

20200811_135210.jpg
Very nice! I like that rock work.

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good call. I’d recommend a clown goby, warpaint goby, or a new goby. I love my warpaint. He looks really cool and has a lot of personality. If I’m at my desk he’s always perched and watching me. I have two snail and two or three tiny hermits. I have a lot of hitchhikers in there too. Spaghetti worms, pods, mico starfish, etc. but that’s it.
I’ll tell you my dream at this point is to have a nice big hefty shelf with a bunch of pico jars on it. I’d love to make species specific tanks. I think a anemone tank with a baby clown would be really cute. But I’d have to trade in the clown when ever it outgrown the space. I think if I start another jar anytime soon I’m gonna do a ricordea only tank. I’m got a collection of about 9/10 different colored ricordea already for it.

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you my dream at this point is to have a nice big hefty shelf with a bunch of pico jars on it. I’d love to make species specific tanks. I think a anemone tank with a baby clown would be really cute. But I’d have to trade in the clown when ever it outgrown the space. I think if I start another jar anytime soon I’m gonna do a ricordea only tank. I’m got a collection of about 9/10 different colored ricordea already for it.
That would be awesome lots to keep your attention. Then when people ask you what size tank you say 50 gallons lol just in 10 different tanks.

Funny you mention the rock work i just did my water change and switched it up because i like yours. I wanted a little more open in the front like you have to possibly add some more shrooms. I tried to keep a cave but my idea didnt work maybe ill figure something up next week for it.

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also moved my gsp from top to bottom it hasnt really opened in the 3 weeks it has been in the tank it may have been getting too much light guess we will see.

20200814_192706.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome lots to keep your attention. Then when people ask you what size tank you say 50 gallons lol just in 10 different tanks.

Funny you mention the rock work i just did my water change and switched it up because i like yours. I wanted a little more open in the front like you have to possibly add some more shrooms. I tried to keep a cave but my idea didnt work maybe ill figure something up next week for it.
Lol right? One day I’ll make all these tanks.

Looks good still! Good call on the gps. It prob had a little too much light. Hopefully they open back up.

I forgot! I have two sexy shrimp in my tank too. But they are soooooo incredibly small it’s hard to find them.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is about 8 months old now. Just a air stone and heater and weekly water change. Adding some sexy shrimp tomorrow.
If anyone wants to suggest the amount of sexy shrimp they think this jar can support please speak up.

C7539FC0-B685-46A5-8F5F-678E259BDA08.jpeg D31F13F3-C798-484F-AEEC-AAAD7DDD44B4.jpeg 04B926E1-6038-437D-8A1C-321A218116CE.jpeg 01650D82-4309-4C8B-9BBA-E963B678A2F5.jpeg
I can tell photos are NOT doing this justice.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome jar (feel free to pm me if you have any of the cookies left)! I'm not sure what size your jar is but I'd probably throw 3 sexy shrimp in there.

OP
OP
C

Cornflake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome jar (feel free to pm me if you have any of the cookies left)! I'm not sure what size your jar is but I'd probably throw 3 sexy shrimp in there.
Lol I’ve got some I need to bake actually!

It’s two gallons. I put two in there last weekend. I wanted 3/4 but those were the last two the LFS had. Inverts has been hard to get ahold of due to covid. I love them though! They’re so cute.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back