The "cure" for dying corals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light explanations and timing to look bad were very useful. I’m also goiNg to get that dip you recommend for euphyllia.

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, my wife did a fresh water and iodine dip on some corals from my quarantine tank. It was well intended, but it led to the insta-death of 2 birds nests and 1 lepto. She did not know that salt water had to be used for dips. It caused some pretty bad polyp ruptured on my yellow hammer and tissue damage to a sun coral and goniopora. To combat this on the corals that weren’t completely dead, I have been doing daily spot feeding to the hammer, sun coral, and goni. I spot feed them in a cup of salt water outside of the tank with reefroids and phytoplankton for 30 minutes, then add a single drop of reef dip (iodine) by seachem to hopefully keep the damaged tissue sterilized. I am seeing slow, positive results from this treatment. You can see a thin film on the sun coral that I hope is regrowing fleshy tissue to cover the exposed polyp. It has a subtle feeding response; I don’t know if it’s hopeless but I’m doing by best haha.

ED52D044-452D-42B2-ABDA-093E4232A752.jpeg
BD481182-63FA-4D7D-B089-448791146DE5.jpeg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did she dip them for? I find doing a quick rodi water dip can help loosen some critters like asterina star fish. But i do it quickly, non medicated and put them back in salt.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 minute tap water soak, no prime and 10ml iodine lol they ded
Lol. I suspect the tap water was the issue there. I’ve never tried that method though. Guess I’ll continue staying away from it. ;Hilarious Terrible way to learn that lesson.

vinces

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which dip is most recommended? In this video you recommend koralMD and revive. On BRS website coral RX is the recommended dip.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which dip is most recommended? In this video you recommend koralMD and revive. On BRS website coral RX is the recommended dip.

I've dipped probably 30 corals in the past year and a bottle of coralrx has an expiration date that isn't very long. I've just started ordering the One Shot CoralRx at $2.99 a pack. If you don't plan on dipping alot of corals it works out perfect. That and Bayer dip you can grab at lowes are all I've ever used. Never had a problem with pests.

bayers.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back