the goby squad

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here’s our goby ‘the gobe’ squad.

somehow we’ve been lucky and they all share a 32 gal tank with ‘little’ or no issues.. just a lot of attempts at stealing each others burrows. lol if the video doesn’t load properly please just comment and i’ll edit or attempt to upload again.

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sorry I can't see the video. post it to youtube and link it here is usually a better option.

I love my diamondback Goby. even though he disrupts my entire tank all the time haha.
Kiefer.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah video i cant see either.
Accept /agree to youtube conditions tjen uploading say example 1 minute video takes about 5- 8 minutes to upload then copy link and paste here and works everytime ive found out, i was anxious it coat me and i wouldnt be able to do it as im literally tech dumb and i managed to do it really easy,and doesnt coat nothing.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is " moby the goby"
He a ywg paired with a tiger pistol shrimp.
This is a view from front tank looking through a cave to back of tank of one of there many entrances to tgeir burrows/ tunnels.only been in tank 1 week today so stll settling in and gets spooked easily if occasionally see him on sand bed and i even get within 6 foot of tank he scarpers back into burrow lol.
I try target feed frozen brine or pellets etc into the tunnel entrance if see shrimp antenna sticking out but the goby whichever obe of the least 5 entrances they got,he makes a mad dash where im trying to target feed the shrimp and pushes/ barges him out the way and gobbles up all the food for himself lol.
Its like a funny conedy sketch show of a servant taste testing all the Kings food to make sure not poisoned then all food gone ha ha.
Ive read that sometimes a goby will feed the paired shrimp ao dont know how it happens.im hoping goby takes what he needs then takes some food for shrimp and spits it back out or sicks it back up or whatever.
I hope goby feeding shrimp doesnt mean that the goby lets shrimp eat his poo poo ha ha as i alao reas pistols eat uneaten food or detritus uggggghhgg

Attachments

• 20210604_165545.jpg
    20210604_165545.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 51

DoomervilleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Clyde. He is on the last 2 weeks of his quaratine. He is the sole survivor from an order of a bonded pair and shrimp friend. The shrimp was D.O.A. and the other goby didn't survive the first 24 hours, unfortunately. Clyde is going strong though!

Attachments

• 20210604_153131.jpg
    20210604_153131.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 44

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is “the sheriff” we call him. He’s a pink spotted watchman goby. He’s about 6 years old now! His new recent home in a new 100g tank with a deeper sand bed has him going crazy with burrows along with his pistol shrimp buddy that he never leaves

Attachments

• AC25A770-0DD8-45BB-8E0E-829AEDD341E0.jpeg
    AC25A770-0DD8-45BB-8E0E-829AEDD341E0.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you all for suggesting the youtube channel idea! i haven’t even thought of that, i’m so excited to see that so many people have a fun goby home as well. honestly, they are my favorite fish the personalities and the little pouts lol we will get some better close up photos as well & post some new tank stand updates too.. keep these goby photos coming yall!!! also, that’s our hifin (flexing his muscles) because the tiny watchman goby got too close. side note: our hifin does this to his own reflection too LOL

Attachments

• 8B919630-5523-4F05-A656-43B3A22E14EC.png
    8B919630-5523-4F05-A656-43B3A22E14EC.png
    617.2 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is “the sheriff” we call him. He’s a pink spotted watchman goby. He’s about 6 years old now! His new recent home in a new 100g tank with a deeper sand bed has him going crazy with burrows along with his pistol shrimp buddy that he never leaves
6 years! that’s awesome!!!!!

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Clyde. He is on the last 2 weeks of his quaratine. He is the sole survivor from an order of a bonded pair and shrimp friend. The shrimp was D.O.A. and the other goby didn't survive the first 24 hours, unfortunately. Clyde is going strong though!
stay strong clyde!!!

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is " moby the goby"
He a ywg paired with a tiger pistol shrimp.
This is a view from front tank looking through a cave to back of tank of one of there many entrances to tgeir burrows/ tunnels.only been in tank 1 week today so stll settling in and gets spooked easily if occasionally see him on sand bed and i even get within 6 foot of tank he scarpers back into burrow lol.
I try target feed frozen brine or pellets etc into the tunnel entrance if see shrimp antenna sticking out but the goby whichever obe of the least 5 entrances they got,he makes a mad dash where im trying to target feed the shrimp and pushes/ barges him out the way and gobbles up all the food for himself lol.
Its like a funny conedy sketch show of a servant taste testing all the Kings food to make sure not poisoned then all food gone ha ha.
Ive read that sometimes a goby will feed the paired shrimp ao dont know how it happens.im hoping goby takes what he needs then takes some food for shrimp and spits it back out or sicks it back up or whatever.
I hope goby feeding shrimp doesnt mean that the goby lets shrimp eat his poo poo ha ha as i alao reas pistols eat uneaten food or detritus uggggghhgg
i think our big watchmen take food into their ‘lair’ and feed their shrimp sometimes.. there are times when we feed that we see none of our pistol shrimp come out at all.. good theory here because those gobies are truly the kings & queens of the tank. lol

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sorry I can't see the video. post it to youtube and link it here is usually a better option.

I love my diamondback Goby. even though he disrupts my entire tank all the time haha.
Kiefer.jpg
we had one of these in the beginning of our tank setup before we learned to get a ‘safety net’ aka roof on the tank and it jumped out! they are really cool though.

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah video i cant see either.
Accept /agree to youtube conditions tjen uploading say example 1 minute video takes about 5- 8 minutes to upload then copy link and paste here and works everytime ive found out, i was anxious it coat me and i wouldnt be able to do it as im literally tech dumb and i managed to do it really easy,and doesnt coat nothing.
that’s awesome! thank you for the suggestion, i’ll be setting up a channel this weekend. great idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back