OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Aquamaxx fired up this weekend and its working great. It got delivered to my office on Friday morning so I stuck it in a tub with a couple of gallons of vinegar and let it run all day (stunk the whole place up!). Friday night I placed it in the tank and it started working like a champ right off the bat.

Couple of hours worth of skimming.
4.jpg

Legit bubble making machine!
2.jpg

And the intake and return fit nicely in the first compartment on the back of the tank. I did have to cut a 1/2" off the skimmer return connector for it to fit - no big deal.
3.jpg

So all in all I am very happy. It COULD be a little shorter. The collection cup is all the way up and if I can figure out a way to run it lower I could build a small acrylic wall to hid that stuff - doubt Ill fool with it though. But it does take care of the micro bubbles, pulling air through the C02 reactor to handle the PH and compared to the other skimmers I have tried on this tank its doing a great job. Not sure what Ill do with the DOC skimmer I have now, I wouldn't recommend it after using this - maybe Ill start a pico tank or something lol.

OP
OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous little tank. I'm working on putting together a Nuvo 25 right now and seeing all these modifications to equipment is really giving me some ideas. Thanks!
You will love the 25! It's a great size and honestly I find my nuvo as interesting as any tank I have owned.

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank/aquascape, I have been struggling with mine in the same tank but I must say yours looks great. I also have the AquaMaxx 1.5 HOB Skimmer, how do you like it? Also do you get a loud trickle sound with it? You look like you mounted it in a different place that I did on my tank, so I was wondering if that placement stopped its noise!

Also it is really good to see there really isn't that much of a limit of what you can do in a small tank like the NUVO! It gives me inspiration that I can achieve a awesome looking tank when I see others like you are doing it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank/aquascape, I have been struggling with mine in the same tank but I must say yours looks great. I also have the AquaMaxx 1.5 HOB Skimmer, how do you like it? Also do you get a loud trickle sound with it? You look like you mounted it in a different place that I did on my tank, so I was wondering if that placement stopped its noise!

Also it is really good to see there really isn't that much of a limit of what you can do in a small tank like the NUVO! It gives me inspiration that I can achieve a awesome looking tank when I see others like you are doing it!

Thanks for the kind complements. Running a 20 just takes a little more discipline than a 200.

So the IM is pretty much silent back there. I placed it between the first and second chamber because it was the only place it would fit lol. I had to change the direction of the outlet a little to keep it working correctly but that was it, I have found that if I dont keep it clean and make sure all of the pipes are firmly seated it will make a little gurgling noise. And you are right about the Nuvo tanks, you can grow anything in them. Lazy is a word that haunts me from time to time and as long as I do water changes every week or two there really isn't much to it. Most of the chalice in this tank are going into a new reefer 750 I bought for the office at my business and Ill be flipping the Nuvo out to a SPS tank sooner or later and that may be a challenge. Ill probably use N0P0x and reef energy to maintain reasonable nutrient levels and of course the AquaMaxx will be gold.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back