The IceCap 1K Gyre Pump Is Here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks great. Unfortunately a smaller pump for tanks with non-thick glass 9 up to 1"). I assume they have a model close to the gyre XF-250 for larger tanks?

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks great. Unfortunately a smaller pump for tanks with non-thick glass 9 up to 1"). I assume they have a model close to the gyre XF-250 for larger tanks?

They have the 2k and 3k models which are for larger tanks.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
a9714dbbde32f21594c38f0b53ac0f2e.jpg
416570745bf3451a6f6ece01c6e2ad03.jpg

Mine came today [emoji3][emoji106]

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
I have tunze nanostreams. They are awesome pumps. Personally, I like them better than the ecotechs, but everybody has their own preferences. I will probably only run them at 30 to 40% though. They will be used to mix up my flow and make random flow patterns. I want to have a gyre flow in the tank to keep all the water moving.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the nano streams and Ecotech
Have my father in law fall late yesterday. So I was at the hospital all day. This week I have 12 hour work days. Maybe Thursday I will have he time since I have a vacation day. [emoji3]

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the nano streams and Ecotech
Have my father in law fall late yesterday. So I was at the hospital all day. This week I have 12 hour work days. Maybe Thursday I will have he time since I have a vacation day. [emoji3]
Hope he’s on the road to recovery!

wfournier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on the 1k, my MP10's are noisy and I' sick of it. Not sure if the gyre's are the best option for quite but I've never played with them either so there's that lol.

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
How do you all think this would do in an IM Fusion 14 Peninsula? Was all set to pull the trigger on another MP10 but orienting this vertically on the back wall opposite the return is an intriguing proposition.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
How do you all think this would do in an IM Fusion 14 Peninsula? Was all set to pull the trigger on another MP10 but orienting this vertically on the back wall opposite the return is an intriguing proposition.

We'll be testing one ourselves soon but the early feedback we're hearing/reading is that it's pretty powerful. You can remove and cap-off one of the flow cages, though.

JVS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just bought it. It’s been running for 3 days on my Nuvo 40. I really like it so far, I run it during the daytime hours from 0 to 100% and then give the fish and coral a break during the night hours. I replaced 2 Jebao RW4s. It’s not as powerful as the 2 Jebao but it gives a different flow in my opinion so it seems to work better for the Nuvo tank in my opinion.

wfournier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I have one in a cobalt 26g AIO (24x13x14 display) and have it moving a bit of sand mounted horizontally near the top of the tank at 40%, I feel like it would be a lot in the 14, maybe if you only run half as marine depot suggested.

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys I’ll probably go a different direction then

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
So I put the pump on the tank over the weekend. Works well quite no noise. Good flow had to dial it back to 30 percent and I am using the ramp up program. Took a day for the corals to adjust to the new pump. The green leather coral complete changed its stance and now is sporting a flat top and you can see it being pushed by the flow every few minutes. As I mostly have SPS the retracted polyps when first presented with the flow and now are back out. Nice pump glad it finally came out I have been waiting a long time to get the smaller model for this tank as I knew the big Maxspect versions would be too much for my tank.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • None.

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.5%

Back