The IceCap 1K Gyre Pump Is Here!

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Feb 22, 2018.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor Article Contributor

2. Tbyram

Tbyram Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Got one last week. So far I love mine.

FredsNJReef and MarineDepot like this.
  3. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Looks great. Unfortunately a smaller pump for tanks with non-thick glass 9 up to 1"). I assume they have a model close to the gyre XF-250 for larger tanks?

4. erk

erk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

They have the 2k and 3k models which are for larger tanks.

5. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mine came today

FredsNJReef, MarineDepot and DSC reef like this.
  6. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Glad to be back! R2R Supporter

Sweet! That's just the ticket for my 33 long.

MarineDepot likes this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Let us know your thoughts. I love the 3k

8. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

I’ve been eyeing this for my 50g cube. I’d like to hear your thoughts too. I’m between this and the Tunze nanostream.

MarineDepot and DSC reef like this.
  9. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Glad to be back! R2R Supporter

I have tunze nanostreams. They are awesome pumps. Personally, I like them better than the ecotechs, but everybody has their own preferences. I will probably only run them at 30 to 40% though. They will be used to mix up my flow and make random flow patterns. I want to have a gyre flow in the tank to keep all the water moving.

MarineDepot and TheEngineer like this.
  10. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor

I have the nano streams and Ecotech
    Have my father in law fall late yesterday. So I was at the hospital all day. This week I have 12 hour work days. Maybe Thursday I will have he time since I have a vacation day.

11. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

Hope he’s on the road to recovery!

Scottsquatch and DSC reef like this.
  12. wfournier

wfournier Member Build Thread Contributor

Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on the 1k, my MP10's are noisy and I' sick of it. Not sure if the gyre's are the best option for quite but I've never played with them either so there's that lol.

13. Orcus Varuna

Orcus Varuna Active Member

How do you all think this would do in an IM Fusion 14 Peninsula? Was all set to pull the trigger on another MP10 but orienting this vertically on the back wall opposite the return is an intriguing proposition.

14. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor Article Contributor

We'll be testing one ourselves soon but the early feedback we're hearing/reading is that it's pretty powerful. You can remove and cap-off one of the flow cages, though.

15. Joe Salegna

Joe Salegna Member

I just bought it. It’s been running for 3 days on my Nuvo 40. I really like it so far, I run it during the daytime hours from 0 to 100% and then give the fish and coral a break during the night hours. I replaced 2 Jebao RW4s. It’s not as powerful as the 2 Jebao but it gives a different flow in my opinion so it seems to work better for the Nuvo tank in my opinion.

16. wfournier

wfournier Member Build Thread Contributor

I have one in a cobalt 26g AIO (24x13x14 display) and have it moving a bit of sand mounted horizontally near the top of the tank at 40%, I feel like it would be a lot in the 14, maybe if you only run half as marine depot suggested.

17. Orcus Varuna

Orcus Varuna Active Member

Thanks for the input guys I’ll probably go a different direction then

18. reefwiser

So I put the pump on the tank over the weekend. Works well quite no noise. Good flow had to dial it back to 30 percent and I am using the ramp up program. Took a day for the corals to adjust to the new pump. The green leather coral complete changed its stance and now is sporting a flat top and you can see it being pushed by the flow every few minutes. As I mostly have SPS the retracted polyps when first presented with the flow and now are back out. Nice pump glad it finally came out I have been waiting a long time to get the smaller model for this tank as I knew the big Maxspect versions would be too much for my tank.

MarineDepot and DSC reef like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted