!!!!THE LONG WAIT FOR THE COVETED PINK POLYP TABLE.......IS OVER!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Pink Polyp Table was one of the centerpieces of my humble display. An unfortunate leak detailed in this thread about 3 years ago now caused me to pull everything while I repaired the tank. After relocating all the rock containing larger pieces to my basement, sadly this colony, along with most of the others just didn't handle the transfer well, and perished. I had all but written this particular coral off as "one that got away" up till only a few months ago, when after a dud of a frag from my backup system finally blossomed. I now know for sure, that it is in fact another small but thriving colony of my Pink Polyp Table. Looking better than ever!

Believe me when I say, I have been asked about this coral many times over the last few years. It's like lightening rod on the site, a visual magnet for a lot of people. In as many times as it's been told, I still have not gotten used to the sad story I have to relay about my display leak, and subsequent crashing of this once mighty colony. Pictured below.

But the sad times are long over my friends and I can finally put that tale to rest. I am really happy to be able to announce that I've got a whole row of encrusted frags of the Pink Polyp ready to go. A surely missed piece for far too long, almost like the fabled Phoenix, is triumphantly back, as a growing member of my collection once again!

I will reshoot the new colony as soon as he recovers from recent heavy fragging. Ultimately, the Pink Polyp is just really good looking table that I am extremely happy to still have. Certainly one of the greatest benefits to having some form of a back up system in place for our favorite pieces. My back up piece was literally unrecognizable for well over a year or two, and only started to come around after the move last year. So glad I didn't give up on this guy.

IMG_2701-2.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never give up on a frag, colony, etc. They can come back a year later. Although, you do have to give up on some. One can tell when to give up or not. Have a couple about 6 months old starting to show their stuff.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back