The Magic of Our Reef Community: Share what keeps you coming back to Reef2Reef!

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined not long after getting back into the hobby this year after being away from it for 20 odd years. We never had communities like this.. heck the web was hardly a thing back then. Only info we'd get was from reefing magazines and LFS that kinda had a grasp on things but nothing like today!

So what really keeps me here is all the kind fellow members R2R has. I find nobody belittling other people or posting sarcastic remarks. Haven't seen any fanboisim at all and I love it! all the questions,all the answers and all the knowledge is the key to such an amazing site. Before joining I'd lerk from reefing sites and read comments from ppl and I'd just shake my head at how ignorant some could be. I find nothing but just a great overall experience here.

I ran a phase in my life where building PC's and overclocking them to the max and it's like there was nothing but bashing towards others.. I've since moved on as I know how to tweek a PC and only read the new news on new tech coming out.

R2R is like everyone's so chill and layed back and we all have one thing in common.. success, info, topics not seen anywhere else and above all just good dang company! My hat goes off to everyone here and I personally thank you all !

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks never looked as good as it does today thanks to all I've learned, studied and researched here. It's a wealth of knowledge and information I can't get anywhere else.
Much appreciation to all.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its great to be able to talk about things I care about with similar people online without having to worry about the nonsense that made me quit social media.
You couldn't have said it better, I'm the same! This is my only social media.

Also I'm like a sponge, I just soak more and more info every time I open the app.

This R2R will keep me in the hobby till my last breath and I hope to have many years to enjoy watching it grow.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep coming back because it is a fun community to be a part of. We all get to share our love and passion for the hobby, help each other out when stuff goes wrong in our tanks and share some amazing tips, and projects we are working on.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Interaction
Observing others' creations
Love of hobby
Sharing new acquisitions

JohnD4g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't post very often, but I do enjoy seeing other's aquariums and learning what makes them successful and how problems are overcome.

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy seeing other aquariums, and reading the discussions, but mostly here for the science of it all. I have multiple microbiology degrees and it's always interesting to see the experiments that other reefers are running.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing what other people have come up with, especially on the DIY side of things.

Also a great way to get feedback on my tank, and also a wealth of knowledge if problems arise. Obviously the internet is full of information, but sometimes a quick picture and run down of what's going on, and someone with great experience can chime right in and help out a fellow reefer.

Likewise I love when I'm able to assist new reefers as well. I'm not the wisest one out there, but definitely have knowledge to help pass on!

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one hobby where I almost never feel any kind of jealousy - I feel myself legitimately cheering for my fellow hobbyists and their tanks.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow Reef2Reefers!

At Reef2Reef, we strive to be a special place where reefers from around the world come together to connect, learn, and share their passion for these stunning marine ecosystems we keep in our homes. Many of us have found a family here in this community (and more than a few of us spend more time here than we probably should! Haha!). Today, let's celebrate the magic of our reef community by discussing what keeps each of us coming back to this community time and time again. What makes R2R special/unique to you? Share your thoughts and experiences on what makes our forum a place you love to be. What are some of the things you enjoy most about our community?

These kinds of conversations are important because it helps us to identify the kinds of values in our community that keep R2R a vibrant and thriving place to be! Let's continue to build this great community together!
It has to be the kind hearted community and helping out when others need it!
Plus, who doesn’t want to share photos of their coral and fish ;)
49E4261D-3215-418E-B8BB-95231317851F.jpeg

94E9DD98-FD87-4AE8-AAFD-ABBC1FFFBB92.jpeg

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's like Baseball. I don't have many friends in person who are fans but online there are a ton of baseball junkies who love the game as much as I do. Same thing for reefing, outside of my brother I am the only person who has a reef tank.

Sometimes it feels like this meme, I wanna tell people about this sick piece of coral I just added and the history behind it but they won't get it lol
1684960209083.png

Hey fellow Reef2Reefers!

At Reef2Reef, we strive to be a special place where reefers from around the world come together to connect, learn, and share their passion for these stunning marine ecosystems we keep in our homes. Many of us have found a family here in this community (and more than a few of us spend more time here than we probably should! Haha!). Today, let's celebrate the magic of our reef community by discussing what keeps each of us coming back to this community time and time again. What makes R2R special/unique to you? Share your thoughts and experiences on what makes our forum a place you love to be. What are some of the things you enjoy most about our community?

These kinds of conversations are important because it helps us to identify the kinds of values in our community that keep R2R a vibrant and thriving place to be! Let's continue to build this great community together!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me it's like Baseball. I don't have many friends in person who are fans but online there are a ton of baseball junkies who love the game as much as I do. Same thing for reefing, outside of my brother I am the only person who has a reef tank.

Sometimes it feels like this meme, I wanna tell people about this sick piece of coral I just added and the history behind it but they won't get it lol
1684960209083.png
I hear ya! I love that our community is a place where people "get" my love of reefing! We're also a pretty strong group of enablers! :cool:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back