The Mediocreef

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coulda been a lot worse. but impact is going to be huge! the now blocked port moves a lot of stuff. still a few missing, fortunately they got the bridge closed before it was worse.

that was my thought when I later looked at LA and saw for $75.

Middle River, north suburb (but don't call it that to the locals) of Balt.

what are the odds?

That would be awesome! nem route is where I'm heavily leaning. I can make a duckweed factory in a bucket.
I come near your area once or twice a month, my folks live a bit further north! Let me know if you’d ever like some corals or a nem, I’ve got too many RBTA’s, and plenty of purple and green branching Montipora, blue discosoma shrooms, orange rhodactis, green spongodes, birdsnest, Kenya trees, and some other corals I might be able to frag. Let me know if you ever want anything! Much of what I have in this hobby I was given, and I’d love to continue to share!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I come near your area once or twice a month, my folks live a bit further north! Let me know if you’d ever like some corals or a nem, I’ve got too many RBTA’s, and plenty of purple and green branching Montipora, blue discosoma shrooms, orange rhodactis, green spongodes, birdsnest, Kenya trees, and some other corals I might be able to frag. Let me know if you ever want anything! Much of what I have in this hobby I was given, and I’d love to continue to share!
Do you ever come near my location?

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I wish I got out your way more often
Absolutely beautiful state, and I love the heat so that weather is always great lol. I’d offer to mail you corals if you’d like but I’ve never done that before and I almost guarantee that they’d die

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha, I wish I got out your way more often
Absolutely beautiful state, and I love the heat so that weather is always great lol. I’d offer to mail you corals if you’d like but I’ve never done that before and I almost guarantee that they’d die
I'm good on corals. I'm actually downsizing from a 125 to the 70. I'm converting the 125 into a planted tank for my wife.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That'd be great! I'll let you know. @Fish Styx ha been quite generous too.

I may have to change the name of the thread to the donareef with well the free stuff I've gotten.
I'm good on corals. I'm actually downsizing from a 125 to the 70. I'm converting the 125 into a planted tank for my wife.
Was that the plan? Thought you'd have two reefs.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That'd be great! I'll let you know. @Fish Styx ha been quite generous too.

I may have to change the name of the thread to the donareef with well the free stuff I've gotten.

Was that the plan? Thought you'd have two reefs.
Yeah. It wasn't the original plan but it became the plan slowly after some negotiating with my wife and after Aiptasia became so horrible in the 125.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. It wasn't the original plan but it became the plan slowly after some negotiating with my wife and after Aiptasia became so horrible in the 125.
It's always important to listen to the boss. Aips are just a reason for another fish.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spreading the love around ;)
Which I seem to be killing...
Yesterday:
IMG_20240328_185522820~2.jpg

Today
IMG_20240329_123102678.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's always important to listen to the boss. Aips are just a reason for another fish.
Well, it's a compromise: sh wanted me to tear down the 125 and set the 110 back up. I compromised and said no.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are waiting to see when hawaii opens up export on fish again.

I still do not like yelliw tangs. Dud not line them at $17, like them even less at 200.
I might at $17. They're mean though, right?

very few fish I would pay $200 for. Especially washed-out babies that look quite hungry.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might at $17. They're mean though, right?

very few fish I would pay $200 for. Especially washed-out babies that look quite hungry.
Most tangs are jurks. Some are homicidal lunatics. Few exceptions and its with the naso group. Naso tangs are on the more chill side but the largest of tangs. Everyone else either has a stick up their... or their panties lit on fire.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most tangs are jurks. Some are homicidal lunatics. Few exceptions and its with the naso group. Naso tangs are on the more chill side but the largest of tangs. Everyone else either has a stick up their... or their panties lit on fire.
Don't hold back.. tell us how you really feel LOL!
Hope your day is great. Thanks for the laugh!

Not a tang fan here either.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back