OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily though. I rarely do water er changes and my only filter is socks and a skimmer that I run for 6 hours a day (4 times for 1.5 hours).
I'm minus the skimmer. And due for some maintanence. gotta do something about the cyano, it's bad.
Far be it from me to boast buuuuut I can make 10 gallons of RO water in about 7 minutes.
Saturday Night Live 90S GIF

Way back in the day, it was not unheard of to pee in your tank in-order-to kick start the cycle.
back in the day....

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm minus the skimmer. And due for some maintanence. gotta do something about the cyano, it's bad.

Saturday Night Live 90S GIF

back in the day....
This may be the best thing you’ve posted all month!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fw is alive again. I put fertilizer under the substrate so we'll need to recycle the tank. We'll get it stocked this weekend probably.
IMG_20230312_202608615_HDR.jpg
Ssshhweet!

What substrate are you using? Black Diamond?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a light month for posts.
Same. I’ve been busy and, believe it or not, occasionally go through periods when I don’t have much to say. This can be a real detriment as I make a living through talking to people.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-year-old eco complete black and red, the red has made it cloudy.
I’m familiar but can’t say I’ve ever used either. Is the mix 50/50 or you just threw it together from what you had in a bucket?

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. I’ve been busy and, believe it or not, occasionally go through periods when I don’t have much to say. This can be a real detriment as I make a living through talking to people.
same. I've been in a bad head space for a while now and setting reasonable boundaries around r2r helps. i meet people all day every day and that is a lot for an introvert.
I’m familiar but can’t say I’ve ever used either. Is the mix 50/50 or you just threw it together from what you had in a bucket?
probably 40# (black gravel texture) came and got washed from the old setup. 5# (red fine texture) from another tank. and maybe 20# inert fine black gravel. It's frankensubstrate.
I have been pondering a micron filter since I saw it on @MrsBugmaster's(?) thread. would help with my cloudy water and the cyano in the sw.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have been pondering a micron filter since I saw it on @MrsBugmaster's(?) thread. would help with my cloudy water and the cyano in the sw.
I use the felt socks when adding sand or doing things in the tank that stirs up stuff. They really help making the water clear. I use them for a day or two. Then I switch to the mesh socks. They are easy to just rinse daily and put back in right back in.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As far as I know. Last readings posted are the last I took. I knocked back my lights some yesterday so we'll see what that does. Also need to add power heads for flow.
Make sure you're not sitting at 0 on either. That could be part of the problem. I notice mine start popping up to tell me I need a little more phosphates.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it you that had the internal canister filter? I've got it running through a mesh sock now.
I use the felt socks when adding sand or doing things in the tank that stirs up stuff. They really help making the water clear. I use them for a day or two. Then I switch to the mesh socks. They are easy to just rinse daily and put back in right back in.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 70 39.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back