Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Mo Faux Pa!
Screenshot_20230126-132024.png
I respond with one of my favorite wedding pictures...
wedding funny .jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is it the half a degree or the one point in salinity that's the biggest danger? I can always drip acclimate too.
Neither. They're close enough, it just gave me an opportunity to post the Governator and his twin.

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I know it was a joke, but just posting to say I intentionally keep my QT tank at a higher temp (habit from FW), just under 80, and salinity lower so it's .01 from the store I usually get fish from. Then I can acclimate down (temp) and up (salt) from there as they get ready to move to DT.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's a ok.

Ill be honest I only temp acclimate bags for a little.

Unless it came in the mail (snails) and the waters alot colder
If it's not I'm out of my depth...
I mean I know it was a joke, but just posting to say I intentionally keep my QT tank at a higher temp (habit from FW), just under 80, and salinity lower so it's .01 from the store I usually get fish from. Then I can acclimate down (temp) and up (salt) from there as they get ready to move to DT.
I didn't expect the temp to be that high. I may take a look at the thermometers and kick them down a little. At least I the display.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run higher. I'm 78-79 all the way. If I hit low 78s my alarms go off. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I was running around 77 before the move over. got a new heater that I really should have checked to see if it fit in the sump...
You probably don't want copper in the DT anyway.
note to self, don't add copper to display to match qt tank. ;)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back