Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you get a couple more pics ?
I can maybe get a better angle today. Here's what I got now.
12424.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the white spots ? worm like protrusions ??

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah. I didn't see them move on their own. the fish doesn't seem to be bothered by them and no one else in the tank has issues. got plenty of places to put him if he should come out for treatment though.
One possible scenario is the fish figured out a way to get all jacked up on phyto, stumbled and fell into a rock. What you see is the resulting damage from the fall.

But seriously, since it is difficult to make an educated guess from the pic, I prefer to reserve input as to what the spots may be. Otherwise, I’d maintain close observation over the next 12-24 hours to see if it improves or gets worse.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apropos pf the Hanna giveaway:
tank felt warm last night so I tested with my icecap probe and salinity was 1.025-6 and temp was 79.2.

Fun fact, the floating thermometer had the temp over 80. unplugged one heater and turned the other down. will recheck tonight.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I don't have much to offer regarding the lesions on the angel's face, I'm not sure what it is. Are the white things kinda fuzzy like maybe the start of a fungal infection?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look kinda fuzzy.
Could be the start of a fungal infection then. Fungus isn't fatal so I'd just keep an eye on the angel for now to see if it goes away on its own or gets worse.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be the start of a fungal infection then. Fungus isn't fatal so I'd just keep an eye on the angel for now to see if it goes away on its own or gets worse.
Also lympho is a possibility. It is usually on the fins, but have seen it elsewhere on fish. It is not treatable and usually goes away with a good diet and clean water.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also lympho is a possibility. It is usually on the fins, but have seen it elsewhere on fish. It is not treatable and usually goes away with a good diet and clean water.
I suspected fungus over lympho because the angel has been in the tank for 3 years, but it's still a possibility.

Back