The Mediocreef

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do waterchanges but probably not as often as needed. Atlas is due for one, but to be honest it would just to be a refresh for the plants. Two fish in 35 gallons (b. Macrostoma and b. Pallifina) with a low bioload isn’t much of a concern. Fission gets some algae so he’s the one who gets the most changes. His tank is 3.6 gallons. Him and Toph, who’s in a 3, both get pretty frequent but not weekly. Oops. The albis only to help with growth. I swear, I need something other than bettas. Lol.

The seem to look ok. (Ignore the canvas and bucket lol
08F1DDFD-D163-4FB7-B3A2-34F4E478165C.jpeg
758E9809-83A5-4665-A477-CCC838CAAC24.jpeg
C5AD13D9-8A36-4C18-BEE9-19DBAE6E8012.jpeg
E0900892-E00F-49B2-A3CA-E26AC5082B0A.jpeg
Yeah, my 110 with a pretty heavy bioload and 0 plants stopped growing algae a while ago. Not sure I understand that chemistry but...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look kinda fuzzy.
When I brought my female blue throat trigger home, The bottom jaw left side had a fuzzy slightly elevated bump on it that was diagnosed as a fungal infection. I knew it buying her but had been looking for a while and knew I could get it healthy. Good diet, good water conditions and it went away within about 2 weeks.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read, high-tech planted tanks where one might care about TDS and CO2 end up being more work than a complete reef tank! In this comparison, I choose the reef.

I have 5 freshwater tanks right now with varying degrees of success over the past year. Four are the top 40B tanks in my basement fish room double stacks and one is a 36g bowfront rescue tank from a house my co-worker bought that contains 6 comet/common goldfish ~3". I'm planning to consolidate some tanks and end up with a recently-acquired 150g tall tank for comet/common goldfish and other cool-water species, such as weather loaches, reticulated hillstream loaches, and white cloud mountain minnows as well as a tank or 2 for tropical species I'd like to keep. The 40B double stacks (4 top, 4 bottom) are planned to be all saltwater QT/hospital tank(s), live rock culture tanks, and some species-specific or special-community-reef tanks at smaller scale.

Current top 40B tanks contain: Community with cherry barbs, zebra danios, harlequin rasboras, otocinclus catfish, and corydoras catfish; black mollies and Siamese algae eaters; few types of rainbowfish and Siamese algae eaters; and 4 weather loaches ~6"+ (too big and dirty for a 40B which caused poor success with my first attempt at white cloud mountain minnows and hillstream loaches, especially since I started too many tanks initially for proper research and this tank became last priority)

Val and dwarf sag. were some of the plants I tried, but I don't think my cheap lights were enough to let them thrive and most died off over time except in one tank.
I wish I could keep a jungle like yours! ...maybe in the tank resets in the future.

No surprise, I still have too many first priorities and too many dreams...
Little late to this conversation but here's mine too.
20221120_151238.jpg

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t test anything in my fresh tanks lol. Whoops.
I tested because I lost an angel. There had been some aggression too, so I can't rule out that as cause of death.
When I brought my female blue throat trigger home, The bottom jaw left side had a fuzzy slightly elevated bump on it that was diagnosed as a fungal infection. I knew it buying her but had been looking for a while and knew I could get it healthy. Good diet, good water conditions and it went away within about 2 weeks.
What is this good water you speak of? Baltimore water is about as good as the safety.
Pink Princess Philodendron. Look it up. You're welcome. Good night!
Fine I will! ...pricy but really nice. I should pay more attention to the house plants.
Little late to this conversation but here's mine too.
20221120_151238.jpg
That's a fashionably late entrance if ever there was one.
You win again!!!
If there's a giveaway, Tim's gonna win, or know the winner.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah that’s a great reason to test for sure I’m sorry you lost one. What strain are they? They remind me of my Rio Nanays that I used to have. This was their setup that had to be rushed due to their larger tank failing.
I miss them.
165E99CA-ED94-42EC-AFEA-7740B14890D3.jpeg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fine I will! ...pricy but really nice. I should pay more attention to the house plants.
These are kind of bog plants. We use an HOB to grow Pothos, Philodendron, Dracaena, etc.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah that’s a great reason to test for sure I’m sorry you lost one. What strain are they? They remind me of my Rio Nanays that I used to have. This was their setup that had to be rushed due to their larger tank failing.
I miss them.
165E99CA-ED94-42EC-AFEA-7740B14890D3.jpeg
I'm not sure the strain exactly. They all were labeled marbled, but one is stripped as you can see. The two others are marbled. The one that died was yellowish.
An old picture but here they are.
IMG_20220523_200859132_HDR.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not sure the strain exactly. They all were labeled marbled, but one is stripped as you can see. The two others are marbled. The one that died was yellowish.
An old picture but here they are.
IMG_20220523_200859132_HDR.jpg
The strain is "inbred, mixed breed". They have Silver, Golden, And Marble all rolled in there. My silver bred with my golden and had lots of different characteristics show up. I had silvers, marbles, kois, etc in the batches...

Back