Which tang?

• Total voters

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugggghhhhh. Why do people asking for help threads always end up with people bashing others instead of trying to help. What is done is done, now move on and try to help. It isn’t that hard. Especially when the person who messed up admits they messed up, but wants to fix things.

Ok enough of me venting. How is everyone?

This is where I usually get in trouble, we were all newbies at some point?!

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resized_20200925_120109.jpeg

Loki loves the little kitten Lucky. Wants to be around him all the time. He is so cautious with the little guy, its so sweet. He will be uncomfortable so Lucky will be.
That will always make you smile, SO darn cute!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright ya’ll. Has anyone ever used a wallpaper steamer for removal? I took down the paper in my kitchen, bedroom and hallway with stripping liquid and a scraper. Came off easy, just messy. Now I’m removing it in 2 full and 1 half bathrooms but this wallpaper has been painted :rolleyes::oops: I can’t use a scoring tool because it also punctures the drywall. Wondering if a steamer will help at all. Or any other suggestions! For reference, the wallpaper is probably original to the house (23 y/o) but the paint was just added before we moved in 7.5 years ago.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright ya’ll. Has anyone ever used a wallpaper steamer for removal? I took down the paper in my kitchen, bedroom and hallway with stripping liquid and a scraper. Came off easy, just messy. Now I’m removing it in 2 full and 1 half bathrooms but this wallpaper has been painted :rolleyes::oops: I can’t use a scoring tool because it also punctures the drywall. Wondering if a steamer will help at all. Or any other suggestions! For reference, the wallpaper is probably original to the house (23 y/o) but the paint was just added before we moved in 7.5 years ago.
I would think a steamer might make a big mess with the paint but maybe not since its cured.
Everything I read says score it first but just use medium pressure.

This is a funny little clip on it;

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think a steamer might make a big mess with the paint but maybe not since its cured.
Everything I read says score it first but just use medium pressure.

This is a funny little clip on it;
I saw that video. I used one of those when I did the kitchen and really messed up a section of drywall. It needed skim coated and I realllly want to avoid doing that again if at all possible. Once you start peeling you have to keep going. It’s addicting almost!
0F38D9BE-0314-4E2D-AF5B-48C2C7E9B151.jpeg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seams are all popping up. I’m assuming from being in a humid bathroom. So that makes me think a steamer will help.
Edit: they used very cheap flat paint that comes off with scrubbing the wall. Steam should penetrate??

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ugggghhhhh. Why do people asking for help threads always end up with people bashing others instead of trying to help. What is done is done, now move on and try to help. It isn’t that hard. Especially when the person who messed up admits they messed up, but wants to fix things.

Ok enough of me venting. How is everyone?
This is where I usually get in trouble, we were all newbies at some point?!
Hey y'all. Doctors doctors doctors. Good news, Hippie Kid gets his cast off in 3 weeks! I went for tests yesterday. I guess we'll see if I'm human ;)
still cannot do this right but here goes :rolleyes: :)
@Katrina71 "doctor doctor give me the news";)
@Eagle_Steve @najer ,yes totally agree!! half the time i'm gettin in trouble with ya simon;Woot;Woot;Woot:cool:
@TriggerFinger ,call me on wallpaper ;):)
off to go dip a line back in a few hours;)yep..warning:p

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, right? I would crop it and enter it to the picture of the month/week or whatever contest it is. I know it isn't reef related but it is just freaking awesome.

Edit: I got over zealous!
You'll see it on one or two.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my lfs owner friend is a bad influence.

I ask him if he has anything good coming in tomorrow.

He sends me a pic of the below and says “got you some pretty nems coming in”

I have 31 nems, not counting rock flowers or rainbow bubble tips. This guy is killing me lol. At least I have room for them.

Makes me wonder if I should just set the 7’ frag up as a 2’ frag divided with a 5’ nem bed lol.

1A4C0E2A-6757-46E2-B90E-C6194153C9F3.jpeg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my lfs owner friend is a bad influence.

I ask him if he has anything good coming in tomorrow.

He sends me a pic of the below and says “got you some pretty nems coming in”

I have 31 nems, not counting rock flowers or rainbow bubble tips. This guy is killing me lol. At least I have room for them.

Makes me wonder if I should just set the 7’ frag up as a 2’ frag divided with a 5’ nem bed lol.

1A4C0E2A-6757-46E2-B90E-C6194153C9F3.jpeg
That's a gorgeous nem!

@Katrina71 glad things are moving in the right direction!

@fishguy242 You did it, look at that beautiful multiquote!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Two men, Jim and John, were walking their dogs when they passed by a restaurant. “Let’s go in and get something to eat,” Jim suggested. “We can’t” responded John, “don’t you see the sign says NO PETS ALLOWED.” “Aah that sign,” said Jim “don’t worry about it” and taking out a pair of sunglasses, he walked up to the door. As he tried walking into the restaurant he got stopped at the door, “sorry no pets allowed.” Can’t you see” said Jim “I am blind, this is my seeing eye dog.” But it’s a doberman pincher, who uses a doberman pincher as a seeing eye dog?” the man asked “Oh,” Jim responded “you must have not heard, this is the latest type of seeing eye dog, they do a very good job.” Seeing that it worked, John tried walking in with his Chihuahua. Even before he could open his mouth, the doorman said “don’t tell me that a Chihuahua is the latest type of seeing eye dog.”
Thinking quickly John responded in a angry voice “You mean they gave me a Chihuahua?”

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back