The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone want to throw out ideas as to why my urchin kicked the bucket overnight? :/

All other inverts including my sifting star, sea hare, porcelain crab and conch are just fine.
i would venture to say ,just one of those things ;) any other probs come back somewhere asap:)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone!

Decided to go back to bed (allergies bugging me). Come out of the bathroom to this...

2438EFE1-C482-49C7-88EE-E8B4A49CDC1F.jpeg

That’s my pillow he’s on. This dog has no respect for your personal space:p

See, you got it all backwards, that's actually HIS pillow he so graciously lends you. And when HE wants it back you get all bent out of shape?? I'd say you're the one that has no respect for personal space :oops:;Smuggrin:p

Last edited:

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone want to throw out ideas as to why my urchin kicked the bucket overnight? :/

All other inverts including my sifting star, sea hare, porcelain crab and conch are just fine.
They are super sensitive to temp changes. I bet that’s what did it. In general they are super susceptible to quick changes in anything

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are super sensitive to temp changes. I bet that’s what did it. In general they are super susceptible to quick changes in anything

I have a CurrentUSA bluetooth app that connects to my phone that has a temp probe. It alerts me if the temp changes significantly. It sits between 77-78 consistently :(

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A man walks into a bar and sits down. He asks the bartender, “Can I have a cigarette?” The bartender replies, “Sure, the cigarette machine is over there.” So he walks over to the machine and as he is about to order a cigarette, the machine suddenly says, “Oy, you bloody idiot!” The man says with surprise in his voice, “That’s not very nice.” He returns to his barstool without a cigarette and asks the bartender for some peanuts. The bartender passes the man a bowl of peanuts and the man hears one of the peanuts speak, “Ooh, I like your hair.” The man says to the bartender, “Hey, what’s going on here? Your cigarette machine is insulting me and this peanut is coming on to me!”
The bartender replies, “Oh, that’s because the machine is out of order and the peanuts are complimentary.”

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with @fishguy242 and @brett_schn. Some of the reefers I know used to have Kessils, but they died in less than 2 years! I’m currently using black boxes and I’m growing acros and other corals like crazy :)

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like how large the vipars are though :/ it’s so hard to get in the tank with and I wouldn’t have a way to hang them.
Use something like a tv mount. I’ll find a link in a little. Then you can move them out of the way when needed.
I honestly think you, your corals and ur wallet will thank you for the vipars

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t like how large the vipars are though :/ it’s so hard to get in the tank with and I wouldn’t have a way to hang them.
i think your tank is 20x20? we can discuss making a hanger off back of tank and details on your thread :) tag me if no reply;):)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep I’ll help. I’m good with handy stuff and red neck rigging everything ;)
It’s the Illinois farm roots
i'm a rough neck city guy,prefer to say "hillbilly" for a year now n lovin it,wife was born raised in arkansas ,so i got a little in the bloodline here :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back