Which tang?

• Total voters

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is what I could come up with. They have Q&A's if you click on a part and scroll down...dor the issues you seem to be having the general consensus seems to be with either the defrost thermostat or the control thermostat, then possibly the control board if those check out ok. I found a how to for checking the defrost thermostat that I will post under the link...hope this will help. Of course you may find it less of a headache to just replace the fridge ;)

How to check thermostat:
I suggest testing the Bi-Metal Defrost Thermostat, PartSelect Number PS11750673. The best way to do this is to remove the thermostat from the refrigerator so you can control the temperature of the sensor. You can let the sensor warm up to room temperature. With the sensor warmed up to room temperature the sensor should read approximately 6.2K Ohms at 68°F. With the thermistor submerged is a glass full of ice water, the sensor should be very close to 32°F which should read approximately 16.3K Ohms. If the values that you are getting are far off from these readings, then the sensor is bad and should be replaced. You can also check the Defrost Heater, PartSelect Number PS11740459 for continuity or visible damage. If both parts are good you may need to replace the board.Hope this helps!

EDIT: I'm not sure those are the correct part numbers for your model in the how to...however that how to came up under one of the parts for yours...just double check the fitment dirst.
Well, thanks for the research. I do appreciate it. I think we will just bite the bullet and buy a new one. I will ask my adjuster if I can get something towards a new one in my claim. If we can even find one locally. Lots of people buy new ones when their food goes bad during evacuation. That happened to us after Rita.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well...was going to say good morning,@Fin bummer:(hope it comes back on soon!! even had a half awake, half butt,smart butt comment:rolleyes::(but here goes anyway ,hope you can smile,i was going to say" round here my only chance of that is going back to bed until tomorrow"hope you get juice back on soon!!;)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
watching close...man you guys cant get a break rt now,@Fin @Scratch08 "shakin' head" thought with ya all ;)
unfortunally,only break round here @Katrina71 is poor andrew :( not being sarcastic:(

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My boss came to me at lunch, "Where the hell have you been? I've been trying to find you all morning!"
I shrugged and said, "Good employees are hard to find!"

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best place to get ati bulbs shipped out the quickest?
Brs takes 2 days to get to me
You have two right feet.
The last I checked
20200920_110647.jpg

Yep still two
Really need a throw up emoji
Defer to @najer
You beat me to it.

@Fin
1600617947739_image_74484345822626.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
Another 11 hour work day. Yay. I made a new naughty Fall sundae yesterday. Fried Pumpkin Spice Moonpie topped with Pumpkin ice cream, whipped cream, drizzled with caramel and a sprinkle of cinnamon. The pumpkin flavor is not overwhelming in either.

Sounds yummy. We had some family over last night and my better half had this grand idea of making two pies (apple and pumpkin) and home made ice cream. Ice cream wasn't a concern since we make it every year on the 4th of July. Pies, not so much because, well, we don't make pies. So comes to the ice cream and she says oh, we are going to try a new recipe, salted caramel.

I'm like really? caramel? She said yes. I'm thinking to myself great two pies we haven't made before and now throw in a difficult ice cream because of the flavor. So both young ladies (wife and daughter) make two attempts and caramel and it didn't go as planned. It is getting late and I'm like ok - let me give this a go. I think I see what you are doing. I start and make some progress but believe the sugar is too hot and burning as it breaks down to liquid. Add the cream, see the witches brew (bubbly Halloween looking mixture) and when it is done and cool give it a taste. Yuck. It had a very strong burn flavor. We can't use this and now it is 11 pm.

Stubborn I try a 2nd attempt alternating heat and keeping it a lighter color and this time it works. Stuff is not easy to make but the caramel note you left reminded me of my Friday evening :D.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rightly so. Yellow fiji leathers are nice if that is what it is. Also hard to come by these days. Tonga or so I think are more common but even then still can be difficult to keep compared to previous years.

I have a yellow fiji on my wish list...
Yes thats a fiji

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rightly so. Yellow fiji leathers are nice if that is what it is. Also hard to come by these days. Tonga or so I think are more common but even then still can be difficult to keep compared to previous years.

I have a yellow fiji on my wish list...
They look really nice. Been looking for nice softies recently. There aren’t too many the pop.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back