• Total voters

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200923_085829705.jpg
Save that one for a picture of the month contest. ;)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we remodeled our old house in Lido Florida we used “closed cell foam insulation”. It is water proof and made a huge difference with the cooling bill. It also gave a bit of a boost in selling it.

We plan to do that same thing with the new to us house in Stuart, as the large ceilings and such are getting redone sometime this winter. It has the “starry popcorn” look lol. Plus if a cane comes through, no worry on leaks or removing it.

If you are referring to spray in insulation, do NOT use this on a new build (Including renovations) unless you let your house dry out during the build process beforehand or all the lumber in the walls of the renovation is older and already dried out.

Just a little info for those considering it.

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to spray in insulation, do NOT use this on a new build (Including renovations) unless you let your house dry out during the build process beforehand or all the lumber in the walls of the renovation is older and already dried out.

Just a little info for those considering it.
This is correct. Forgot that tidbit, but sure is the truth. The company we used even ran a massive dehumidifier for 2 days before we had it sprayed and the house was built in the 50s and had no leaks or water damage.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is correct. Forgot that tidbit, but sure is the truth. The company we used even ran a massive dehumidifier for 2 days before we had it sprayed and the house was built in the 50s and had no leaks or water damage.

We did a drywall job on a 2 million dollar cottage and they sprayed it without letting the studs dry out first. Every single stud had twisted and split the foam. We drywalled in the winter and you could feel the feezing cold draft on every stud as we boarded it all up. Told the contractor and he just said close it up. :rolleyes:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think, 2 weeks ago one of these gals of mine was wondering aimlessly in the field minding her own business. She then got loaded in the trailer and is now my meal. She was good cow, but a mans gotta eat.

Then
7EA24F4E-6620-4AE5-B9E5-40AE5B6536B1.jpeg

Now
CC83FB85-0D96-4E84-95AA-3F14AA07AE21.jpeg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did a drywall job on a 2 million dollar cottage and they sprayed it without letting the studs dry out first. Every single stud had twisted and split the foam. We drywalled in the winter and you could feel the feezing cold draft on every stud as we boarded it all up. Told the contractor and he just said close it up. :rolleyes:
Also can be too airtight and when temp changes cause condensation the moisture can't evaporate and will completely sweat & mold a brand new home.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also can be too airtight and when temp changes cause condensation the moisture can't evaporate and will completely sweat & mold a brand new home.

This is the true purpose of an HRV, they were designed to prevent exactly this problem when installed properly (Key term here being properly). :)

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sister Marry was truly a religious woman. Besides for her duties as a nun, she was also very active in various hospitals visiting sick patients and taking care of all their needs. So it was no surprise that one day when she ran out of gas, the only container she could find to put the gas into was a bedpan. Sister Mary happily walked two blocks to the closest gas station filled up the bedpan with gas and headed back to her car.
Luck would have it that as Sister Mary started tipping the gas into the fuel tank, the traffic light turned red and she had quite a large audience witnessing the spectacle with a bedpan. Just when she finished pouring in the last drops of gas a fellow opened up his window and hollered, “I swear! If that car starts I’m becoming a religious man!”

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you are going to have to call Roto Rooter for your arteries after that meal!
I run 6-7 miles in the morning, 6-7 in the evening. It’s all good. Last physical I was as healthy as can be.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 6-7 miles in the morning, 6-7 in the evening. It’s all good. Last physical I was as healthy as can be.
I could probably drive 6-7 miles twice a day. :)

U

User1

View Badges
I love to run. Rewind comes with me and enjoys every minute of it.

Here she is sleeping. We about to go running though lol.

F4CE7048-8B20-4A69-98C9-3C4048DEEC1A.jpeg

I have to say I'm not a runner and always struggled with it. Of course in the military we have our yearly PT's and the unit I was in last had commanders random :) I'd run 3 miles living outside Sacramento but on drill weekend I'm up in Nevada and the elevation was 4500' or something. So over time as I got older I'd struggle to meet the time. Finally they listened to those of us living at lower elevations to come up a week or two early to acclimate or run the test elsewhere.

I do know a few runners and there is a nurse on my wife's unit who is a world class endurance runner. That woman runs all over the dang place. She was on one of the HGTV or other reality shows and their team doing stuff. Interesting. Not only does she have the nurse super power she has the running one. Not sure how she got two. Wait - she is freaking smart too. So the trifecta of amazing.

Some people -just have to say hats off. Your now in that camp. Running can be tough at least for me it has been. Nice work!

U

User1

View Badges
Be gentle on your knees you only have one pair

True - and hips. However, modern day medicine and we get do overs :) Although they do not like to do them at younger age. I just had my hip done and I have to so I'm glad I did. I couldn't wait any longer so we had no choice. 7 months in a year long recovery before 100% complete but was walking less than 12 hours after it was done. Really amazing.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back