Which tang?

• Total voters

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the 360 we. It says it covers that size easily.
U still have to buy there controller and gooseneck. It covers that area but you will get shadows. If you really want to do a nice light I would do 2 used ai prime HD’s if u get a heck of a deal u can get cheaper then a a360

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a seller here who has the controller,
Light and gooseneck for a good price. I never could afford new ones. That’s a lot of cash lol. It’s a fair price point I feel but I’ve heard conflicting information on every light I’ve looked at. I don’t like the lack of ramping and the size of the vipars. People have issues with the Mobius app for Radions and AI. There’s a battery in Red Sea. All of them sell mounts separate cause why not lol. I’m about to pull my hair out XD my currents are nice lights but underpowered and all I really want is to save my anemone.

All that being said, I’d love to see how you guys mount the vipars. If nothing else I’ll have to figure that out. You guys have better ideas than I do

Last edited:

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a seller here who has the controller,
Light and gooseneck for a good price. I never could afford new ones. That’s a lot of cash lol. It’s a fair price point I feel but I’ve heard conflicting information on every light I’ve looked at. I don’t like the lack of ramping and the size of the vipars. People have issues with the Mobius app for Radions and AI. There’s a battery in Red Sea. All of them sell mounts separate cause why not lol. I’m about to pull my hair out XD my currents are nice lights but underpowered and all I really want is to save my anemone.

All that being said, I’d love to see how you guys mount the vipars. If nothing else I’ll have to figure that out. You guys have better ideas than I do
Well the key here is getting a light ASAP to save ur nem. Amazon u can get the light in 1-2 days. order tonight ur on a time crunch

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have to order tomorrow. Hubbs is sleeping and we discuss everything. Is it this one? VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 165W 300W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have to order tomorrow. Hubbs is sleeping and we discuss everything. Is it this one? VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 165W 300W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS

Yep exactly. U can also do Mars aqua. They are all the same thing just different prices.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll let y’all know tomorrow what hubbs says. Ultimately we really have to check what bills we have but that’s not gonna stop me from looking. I really wish they had the ramping, that clicking on and off has me worried. I’m open topped and the dottybacks get jumpy if I even go into feed mode.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, you got it all backwards, that's actually HIS pillow he so graciously lends you. And when HE wants it back you get all bent out of shape?? I'd say you're the one that has no respect for personal space :oops:;Smuggrin:p
I’ll remind you of this when your little one comes. There is no such thing as personal space. Four legs or two legs..everything belongs to them. Wouldn’t trade them for the world...most of the time :p;);Smuggrin;Hilarious

My husband thought your post was hysterical!

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check salinity. I just added one and did a lot of research. Salinity and temperature swings are the biggest culprits

i have an ATO. Aside from a slow creep from 1.025-1.026.... no change

like I’m sayin... weirdddd it’s not the typical stuff I could have googled! On top of that my ricordias have been extra floofy the last couple days, and my stubborn Duncan that never wants to fully open has finally started to fully blossom.
I just did a 20% water change last week. So unless I accidentally stirred up a pocket of sulfide... idk what it coulda been.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm a rough neck city guy,prefer to say "hillbilly" for a year now n lovin it,wife was born raised in arkansas ,so i got a little in the bloodline here :)

hey! Don’t smack talk all good Arkansas!! This Arkansan was born and raised in the capital city! The only “hillbilly” thing about me is that I like to walk around barefoot.
I have never even shot a gun !!

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I LOVE mine ☺️ @fishguy242 is a great ‘bad influence’

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the beautiful thing about Vipars is that they come with mounting gear. And I just purchased extra heavy duty ceiling hooks.
I know you’re concerned about them being in the way, but mine isn’t at all and it sits about 9” off the water. And if it did, the mounting gear it comes with has very easily adjustable metal strings. So you can always just slide them up and down as needed.
What Frank convinced me to do was to keep my current USA light at the front of the tank, so I still have ramping :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the beautiful thing about Vipars is that they come with mounting gear. And I just purchased extra heavy duty ceiling hooks.
I know you’re concerned about them being in the way, but mine isn’t at all and it sits about 9” off the water. And if it did, the mounting gear it comes with has very easily adjustable metal strings. So you can always just slide them up and down as needed.
What Frank convinced me to do was to keep my current USA light at the front of the tank, so I still have ramping :)
forgot about that @LadyMac ;) :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1603369761151.png

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey @Katrina71 how's it been? everything doing well?
@Fin how's the clean up still?
@fishguy242 you doing any crazy coral cartel runs today?
@LadyMac keep 2 of ur current marine lens (you have 3 right?) and put one on the front and one on the back so u can have ramping like @alimac122 did

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back