The Naked Hermit Carb

  • Thread starter Thread starter cu455
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cu455

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2015
Messages
409
Reaction score
214
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the grammar police comes, the title is suppose to say crab not carb.

I caught my hermit crab using a clam as its home. This is a live clam, not an empty shell. I spooked him and he decided to run around the tank naked.

 
Last edited:
Do you have extra (bigger) shells he might just have out grown the old one and needs a new home.
 
yea man, he needs a shell. it would be cool of you to give him one. he's probably bugging out right now...
 
He has about 30 shells to choose from. His hermit buddies all hang out in shells but this guy is an exibitionist.
 
Detritus the building block of every reef. I am not sure why there is so much. That is just a holding tank which is a hard plastic bin. I went running and collected everything in there by my house. On my way home the bag broke and there were tons of dead pods. The detritus could be because of that. That tank was only set up for a few days when I recorded that.

As for the outfit it is basketball shorts and a gray wife beater. The plastic distorts the light so everything looks weird when looking through it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new