The new guy

REEFING_AZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I’m stoked to find a forum like this and all the help a community like this can provide. I’m new to having a reef tank but not new to the saltwater hobby. My previous tank was a self built 400 gal swim tank, where I homed a nurse and bamboo shark, zebra eel, and a few other predator fish. I gave up the hobby around 15 years back due to purchasing a new home and didn‘t want the moving headache. Well fast forward to 2021 and the itch returned worse than I had it before and I know this when I look at my bank account. I did get lucky to find a used Red Sea 750 XXL at the price I did. It was fully stocked with fish, rock, corals, octo 200s, apex Neptune, 1 MP40, 2 MP60s, 3 Radion G4 pros, 4 T5s and I can go on but you get the point. I have had to put a few extras in like 2 Neptune dos pumps and a trident. Im sure everyone can understand the frustrations you get when you’re new to hobby, especially with a difficultly level of reef tanks. The rewards I get from those ah-ha moments make all the frustrations melt away. Anyway before I make this hello too long, I’m stoked to be here and I hope to learn so much more. Cheers
14353FBA-2791-4931-98FC-8FD190706F2C.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I’m stoked to find a forum like this and all the help a community like this can provide. I’m new to having a reef tank but not new to the saltwater hobby. My previous tank was a self built 400 gal swim tank, where I homed a nurse and bamboo shark, zebra eel, and a few other predator fish. I gave up the hobby around 15 years back due to purchasing a new home and didn‘t want the moving headache. Well fast forward to 2021 and the itch returned worse than I had it before and I know this when I look at my bank account. I did get lucky to find a used Red Sea 750 XXL at the price I did. It was fully stocked with fish, rock, corals, octo 200s, apex Neptune, 1 MP40, 2 MP60s, 3 Radion G4 pros, 4 T5s and I can go on but you get the point. I have had to put a few extras in like 2 Neptune dos pumps and a trident. Im sure everyone can understand the frustrations you get when you’re new to hobby, especially with a difficultly level of reef tanks. The rewards I get from those ah-ha moments make all the frustrations melt away. Anyway before I make this hello too long, I’m stoked to be here and I hope to learn so much more. Cheers
14353FBA-2791-4931-98FC-8FD190706F2C.jpeg
That's the way to do it! Go big or go home!! Welcome to the salty family! We are excited to have you here!!!
200.gif

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Do you have pictures of your self built 400 gal swim tank, where You homed a nurse and bamboo shark, zebra eel, and a few other predator fish?

Very cool and would love to see it!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back