The NEW K7 V3 is here!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running 3 of them over my 220 for months, no issues at all other than they are really friggin string with the whites turned up. I regularly check all the electronics /power bricks on my system with a heat gun.

some photos on my Instagram @captaincharisma311

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running 3 of them over my 220 for months, no issues at all other than they are really friggin string with the whites turned up. I regularly check all the electronics /power bricks on my system with a heat gun.

some photos on my Instagram @captaincharisma311
Can I ask what percentage are you running on the channels?

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any par numbers or checks from the manufacturer? Not much info on the site other than basics.
I’m getting around 400-450 mmol at about 18” for two units over 2’ x 3’ area. All channels were running at 100%, which is still quite blue for me. Quite a big step up from the V2. Colour blending is better than G4 radions and full intensity is more blue. I was loving this light until all mine melted

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting around 400-450 mmol at about 18” for two units over 2’ x 3’ area. All channels were running at 100%, which is still quite blue for me. Quite a big step up from the V2. Colour blending is better than G4 radions and full intensity is more blue. I was loving this light until all mine melted
18” where? Above water? Under water?
Mounted 18” high and par at water level?

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no doubt the V2 will grow sps but you do gain quite a bit with the new V3 having more functionality as far as spectrum goes. Here is the diode layout for the V3
Diode layout.jpg

This is a sample of a schedule that we are running on a test tank at the moment and it will give you a better understanding of what each channel can do with the new diode mix
k7V3schedulesample.png

Also the new v3 controller will control both the new and the older V2.

Let me know if you need anymore information
Thank you, the settings show a much higher settings of the white spectrum.

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any par numbers or checks from the manufacturer? Not much info on the site other than basics.
I’m getting around 450 mmol at about 18” for two units over
18” where? Above water? Under water?
Mounted 18” high and par at water level?

17” light to water and 9” underwater, 26” total

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was loving this light until all mine melted
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just wanted to see if there was any resolution to the housings of your lights melting. I'm on the fence about switching to noopsyche lights and its concerning that yours got hot enough to melt the case. Im also curious if noopsyche has any customer support at all.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just wanted to see if there was any resolution to the housings of your lights melting. I'm on the fence about switching to noopsyche lights and its concerning that yours got hot enough to melt the case. Im also curious if noopsyche has any customer support at all.
NoopsycheUSA has full support including phone support here in the USA. We are the distributor of lights in the USA and sell them to stores across the country.
If you buy a light from anywhere else in the world, like China, then you have to deal with those people for support.
The melting is something I have not seen from the lights we have sold, and if it was to happen then it would be covered 100% by us.

Last edited:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NoopsycheUSA has full support including phone support here in the USA. We are the distributor of lights in the USA and sell them to stores across the country.
If you buy a light from anywhere else in the world, like China, then you have to deal with those people for support.
The melting is something I have not seen from the lights we have sold and if it was to happen then it would be covered 100% by us.
So if I buy the light directly from China I will save on the cost, but in exchange I will get what I'd imagine is probably questionable warranty and tech support?

Also, I read the thread you made about independent testing of various lights, so in your opinion are the new Noops a worthwhile upgrade over Viparspectra lights, I'm on the fence and it seems like you're probably the most qualified person to answer that question.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I buy the light directly from China I will save on the cost, but in exchange I will get what I'd imagine is probably questionable warranty and tech support?

Also, I read the thread you made about independent testing of various lights, so in your opinion are the new Noops a worthwhile upgrade over Viparspectra lights, I'm on the fence and it seems like you're probably the most qualified person to answer that question.
If you buy the lights from China you will get support except for (aquariumlowcost) just not phone support.
These lights are good and way better than Viperspectra in terms of control and spectrum.
This is my build thread for my tank and I have a full tank shot going up today.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy the lights from China you will get support except for (aquariumlowcost) just not phone support.
These lights are good and way better than Viperspectra in terms of control and spectrum.
This is my build thread for my tank and I have a full tank shot going up today.
In your opinion are 3 lights sufficient for a traditional 6' 125g tank that is predominantly SPS? I know more would be better but my tank is the traditional rimmed tank with two center braces on top. So one light over each 2 foot section would be my ideal setup if they're powerful enough. On the Chinese Noopsyche site it recommends 4 but with my tank 4 is hard to do without having a lot of the light blocked by the braces. I just looked on the US Noopsyche site and there is no reccomendation that I see.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your opinion are 3 lights sufficient for a traditional 6' 125g tank that is predominantly SPS? I know more would be better but my tank is the traditional rimmed tank with two center braces on top. So one light over each 2 foot section would be my ideal setup if they're powerful enough. On the Chinese Noopsyche site it recommends 4 but with my tank 4 is hard to do without having a lot of the light blocked by the braces. I just looked on the US Noopsyche site and there is no reccomendation that I see.
The new V3 light would be plenty over each section but rent or borrow a par meter when time for coral.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new V3 light would be plenty over each section but rent or borrow a par meter when time for coral.
I really appreciate you answering my questions. I bought a used par meter for my apex a week or two ago so that I have some idea of what my lights are doing.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

then why in the contest thread ,would noopsyche recommend 5 K7 v3's over a 6' 125 gallon.??
it's there...;)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then why in the contest thread ,would noopsyche recommend 5 K7 v3's over a 6' 125 gallon.??
it's there...;)
The Chinese website shows 4-5 for that size tank, but it looks like they just used the same list from the pro ii, which obviously isn't a fair comparison since the new one is over 40% higher wattage. Which is exactly why I asked @Manose

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So using the 40% off deal through the global site doesn't carry the same US warranty? Was looking to possibly purchase two for my 120 but don't want to have to deal with any warranty issues should they pop up.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back