The new R2R APP is progressing nicely!

How will you use the R2R App?

• IOS Device

Votes: 495 56.3%
  • Android Device

Votes: 278 31.6%
  • Neither, I'll still use the desktop or mobile version I use now!

Votes: 107 12.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks we are super excited about this!

seaofbytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, I'll definitely use the Android version. It's great to see how much you guys care!

Is there a ETA for the app?

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't for me. It feels like a social media app. I am find with staying on the webpage. I will download when it comes with all the trackers/data loggers/stats that we want to have on our phones. The UX is clean as heck though. I really appreciate the effort you folk are taking with this. If this is only the beginning for the app, given the companies history, it is going to be something legendary in the end. Thanks for asking us for our input.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool, I'll definitely use the Android version. It's great to see how much you guys care!

Is there a ETA for the app?

Hard to say exactly but we're looking at 12 weeks or so from now.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This isn't for me. It feels like a social media app. I am find with staying on the webpage. I will download when it comes with all the trackers/data loggers/stats that we want to have on our phones. The UX is clean as heck though. I really appreciate the effort you folk are taking with this. If this is only the beginning for the app, given the companies history, it is going to be something legendary in the end. Thanks for asking us for our input.

Understoob but appreciate the love anyway! Also were just happy to have you here using R2R however you wish to use it! BUT we'll hope to add some cool tools as well in the future!

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The new R2R App is progressing nicely! Just some teasers :p

How will you use the R2R App? IOS, Android, Not at all?

These are the different layers of UXI design that is complete...for the most part. Basically it's each screen of the APP for version 1 we launch first.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 13-10-13 Figma.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png
If you guys need a beta tester at all, let me know. I do IT for a living and love testing out new stuff.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I would still use the website to browse the site, but I love 1) the idea of having private messages/chat available in a separate app and 2) getting phone notifications for new threads in the for sale forum or other subscribed forums. I would make #2 a supporter only perk if it were me.

Dfletchh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I’m graduating this semester with my CS Degree. I’ve been messing around with App development over the past week. It’s been a lot of fun and you app is looking great!

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will likely continue using the websites (desktop) on my phone and computers. However, that is because iOS apps tends to fail to properly represent all of the material that is available on full websites. That is the nature of things. If all of the things I like doing are captured in the app, then I'd use the iOS app.

Things I spend most time doing, and I'm sure you know thanks to telemetry:
  1. Browse new posts for topics that interest me, or that I may have something to contribute.
  2. Search old posts for t/s, etc.
  3. Answer these polls. LOL.

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are taking feedback... please don't forget to think about the video upload/viewing issues that we have currently with the desktop/browser R2R. That is the most frustrating thing with the current ways of using this site and would be a great upside to using the app if these issues are resolved! If I couldn't watch or upload certain videos while using the app I would definitely be less likely to use it and I personally prefer using an app on my phone rather than my phone browser because the UI/UX is better in my experience. Can't wait to see when you roll it out!

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait! I think will make posting tank updates way more convenient, really looking forward to using this in the near future.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been waiting for this for awhile! Good to see you are getting it done! It looks great so far!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back