The next North Alabama Reef Club meeting

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She picked her puppy he’s 5 weeks old. Now we go back in 2 weeks to pick him up and take him home. He comes from Bama Huskies
77B4650D-D2B3-46BC-BEBF-083E9B5AF972.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great time having everyone over! Eric I love that magnetic stir and I am glad to have some cheato in the refugium that isnt melting

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great time having everyone over! Eric I love that magnetic stir and I am glad to have some cheato in the refugium that isnt melting

If you need some more, let me know. Also if you want a stirrer, I can make you one next time I get another box!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I missed it too and am hoping to catch next months meeting if there is one. My wife and I just got back from here tonight. What a wonderful week!
DSC_0019.JPG

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need some more, let me know. Also if you want a stirrer, I can make you one next time I get another box!
Let me know next time you empty the reactor. If this batch doesn't take I may need some more. I am definitely interested in the stirrer. I think it would certainly make the testing easier.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for hosting, Matt. It was a very fun meeting.
It was great to see you all and to get acquainted with Matt Vaughn who graciously volunteered to host our next meeting at his place on Saturday, March 24th.

To those who missed the meeting, Matt has a very nice big tank that's coming together very nicely and also a great setup that's a techie person's dream. We had fun looking at creatures that live in filter floss/sump environment (Matt's and Eric's) under a microscope. We saw a number of microorganisms that we did not expect there. It was quite a surprise. You never know what lurks in the dark side of our reef tank ;)

Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for hosting, Matt. It was a very fun meeting.
It was great to see you all and to get acquainted with Matt Vaughn who graciously volunteered to host our next meeting at his place on Saturday, March 24th.

To those who missed the meeting, Matt has a very nice big tank that's coming together very nicely and also a great setup that's a techie person's dream. We had fun looking at creatures that live in filter floss/sump environment (Matt's and Eric's) under a microscope. We saw a number of microorganisms that we did not expect there. It was quite a surprise. You never know what lurks in the dark side of our reef tank ;)

Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

It was really interesting to see your (isopods?) eating the phytoplankton under microscope. It was like the phyto were running into its mouth on purpose.

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know next time you empty the reactor. If this batch doesn't take I may need some more. I am definitely interested in the stirrer. I think it would certainly make the testing easier.

Sure will. It usually takes a week or two to regrow that much.

I can build another stirrer when I get another box if you want

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%

Back