OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having some growth spurts. I think finally having my temperature stable helps. Here’s the SCOP again with at least 1/4” of growth in a month.

5AE66E87-3D5E-49DF-BFE5-F7F6642F408B.jpeg

BkChem Creme de la Cream

80948F41-D82A-41A4-A71E-3D748B6D81B1.jpeg

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA I found it. I knew you had a secret stash of photos all the colonies in the holding systems. Your new tank for sure will fill the shoes and need bigger ones that I will need to fill.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA I found it. I knew you had a secret stash of photos all the colonies in the holding systems. Your new tank for sure will fill the shoes and need bigger ones that I will need to fill.

Ahhh busted! I’ve been looking at lagoon style reefs on IG tonight and trying to decide where I’ll put the corals. One is by Martin_s_k - you have to check it out. I like how he has some softies and Lps incorporated beautifully. I got the minimalist idea of the small panel next to the wall to hide the overflow box and pump backs.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh busted! I’ve been looking at lagoon style reefs on IG tonight and trying to decide where I’ll put the corals. One is by Martin_s_k - you have to check it out. I like how he has some softies and Lps incorporated beautifully. I got the minimalist idea of the small panel next to the wall to hide the overflow box and pump backs.
I will check him out. Sometimes I wish I could have LPS ( angel, Idol), but other times I don't. LPS is all the rage these days, but man some of them are expensive for they are. How long do you have until you have the systems ready for these corals?

fade2black

Is this thing on?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following him for a while too. That has to be the cleanest reef ever. From the main tank to the sump to his equipment room. Everything is clean and organized.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check him out. Sometimes I wish I could have LPS ( angel, Idol), but other times I don't. LPS is all the rage these days, but man some of them are expensive for they are. How long do you have until you have the systems ready for these corals?

They say 4 weeks on build time, so I should get it in three weeks. A couple hours to glue it together and I’ll start filling it with water the next day. Followed by 5 or so rock structures. Corals probably a month after that. Depends on the algae outbreak. All my rock has been sitting in tubs without light for a couple of months so it would be best if I didn’t add it all at one time. 3 months from now would probably be where my guess would be so April 22. Let’s see how close I am when we get there :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following him for a while too. That has to be the cleanest reef ever. From the main tank to the sump to his equipment room. Everything is clean and organized.

It is incredible - so clean. I could have a room that clean too if I didn’t have property and boats and stuff to take care of and maintain all the time (which I also enjoy...) The display tanks I am pretty particular with keeping tidy. The sump room not so much. Organized and clean, but not something that I care to showcase much. It’s like a mechanical closet to me, but for fishy stuff. Maybe someday...

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say 4 weeks on build time, so I should get it in three weeks. A couple hours to glue it together and I’ll start filling it with water the next day. Followed by 5 or so rock structures. Corals probably a month after that. Depends on the algae outbreak. All my rock has been sitting in tubs without light for a couple of months so it would be best if I didn’t add it all at one time. 3 months from now would probably be where my guess would be so April 22. Let’s see how close I am when we get there :p

That is not very far away at all! having those rock already in tubs is going to be a huge benefit for sure on time for the corals.

Holding you do that date!

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm learning my new rig: Canon EOS RP. I tried letting it do it's thing with auto ISO setting, but after getting these up on the PC I see that I need to drop the ISO waaaay down and set up a tripod for deeper colors and less grain. I'm pretty stoked to have a camera that is a little more modern than my v1 5D. I'm using the K setting to 10,000 with these, but will try to work with the custom white balance once I become more comfortable with the settings as it is. It's pretty spot on with the colors though which makes it more fun to not have to spend a bunch of time in Lightroom adjusting stuff.

Cornbred Sex on the Beach
CB Sex on the Beach.jpg

Cornbred Dippin Dots
CB Dippin Dots.jpg

RMF Crunchberry
RMF Crunchberry.jpg

Hung Rainbow
Hung's Rainbow.jpg

SCOP
SCOP.jpg

BC Magic Wand
BC Magic Wand-2.jpg

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful @panic! I just received the Lemon Peel in a Battlebox, and after seeing this picture, I am even more excited about how it will grow out!
Mine was really light for a long time and just recently started getting the deep yellow tips. The contrasting polyps are sweet

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back