OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would definitely require help. Unfortunately, the only way to glean truly meaningful data on the coral growth and coloration rates, the test/experiment would need to be performed with identical water parameters and coral frags from the same mother colony over all the test lights and include the name brand lights as controls. Someone or some folks with deep pockets needs to get involved.
Yea that is something I could only dream of funding but this community here at Reef2Reef is second to none when it come to getting good information.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing we need to make sure @Manose is to run these lights in an area where they cant catch anything on fire if they decide to burn up like the earlier models used to. I think it will be best to place these lights in a garage or covered patio over or around a sand bunker type situation and test them for 12 hrs on daily for a month.
Once we can see they dont burn up and can cause fire in ones house etc then we can move to testing them in our study.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing we need to make sure @Manose is to run these lights in an area where they cant catch anything on fire if they decide to burn up like the earlier models used to. I think it will be best to place these lights in a garage or covered patio over or around a sand bunker type situation and test them for 12 hrs on daily for a month.
Once we can see they dont burn up and can cause fire in ones house etc then we can move to testing them in our study.
Very good point! Just out of curiosity, which of the three test lights that @Manose purchased have caught things on fire in the past?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None I am aware of the 3 in question.
I was referring to safety in regards to very early black box lights made in China that hit market few years back had some reports of getting too hot and burning up or maybe even catching on fire etc.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
would love info on the Wifi (24 or32" ) you have at beginning. I know these are the copy of AP 700's and wonder(ed) how well they perform ( shimmer, growth, etc). Great to see comparisons listed !

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would love info on the Wifi (24 or32" ) you have at beginning. I know these are the copy of AP 700's and wonder(ed) how well they perform ( shimmer, growth, etc). Great to see comparisons listed !
They are about 19in long and have a really nice shimmer we hung them up and took some random par numbers on a 5foot 110gal tank at SA. I will get the par numbers as I left them down there :p(a little over an hour away)
bbwhitecobb12.jpg

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see this. I could contrubute some ideas like the Ocean Revive Arctic t247. But we can wait on that. I could help with the study if you need some more tank space!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back