The Tenecor® Pico DIY Drops March 2nd, 2024

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 2.5" 1st chamber, 7 inch 2nd chamber and 2.5" return chamber. Media caddy in #1, room for heater and media or Refugium in #2 and room for bottom feed pump in #3.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you run any risk of accidentally gluing your 90° to your tank? Or do you only have to worry if your 90° was made of acrylic? Lol
This is what I use and do.. just an example on a scrap lol.. I actually have several squares I cut the corner off at 45° so the solvent doesn’t touch it, but I do this for a living so it’s worth it and only for those lol.. larger panels I have some mdf 90’s I made to clamp them up.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A polycarbonate Lid is something we can discuss. It adds to the cost. That baffle adjacent to the pump chamber really cuts down on the pump chamber size. What pump were you planning to go with?
Something in the 80-95GPH range, 120 max.
Amazon - DOMINC, PULACO, AQUANEAT, UICLIFE... all in the 1.8 x 1.8 to 1.8 x 2.2 size.
Most likely a SICCE MI Mouse 82GPH 1.6 x 2.3 or MICRA Compact 90GPH 1.7 x 2.2
Max would be a VISOSUN 120 1.61 X 2.36 using in my Imagitarium 6.8 but that pushes allot of water, probably overkill.

I liked the Frag Tank media basket idea, but would simplify it without a back like the IM caddy and have extra slots on sides to adjust the shelves. One could Silicone it together in case they wants to move or remove a shelf.
1707337913614.png
1707338144437.png

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like fun to me. I've done a lot of fabricating, but never solvent bonded acrylic. It's about time I tried. Will this thread get updated with details once the kit drops?
Yes. The last one we did sold out pretty quickly though

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I'm new to the game. Do we just go to your site on that date and order it then?
This is not a standard product. We do these just for R2R members and they are a "one and done" thing. There will be a link posted along with a code to use at checkout. We're only going to offer maybe 200 or so. But they go fast. Unlike the last time around, these should be pre made and ready to ship. Its a nice way for hobbyists to get some solvent bonding experience inexpensively and use the end results as well. Even before these, we did a crowd source nano tank design and now have the 3rd generation on our website. They have become very popular sellers. >>>https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/collections/aio-frag-tanks

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like fun to me. I've done a lot of fabricating, but never solvent bonded acrylic. It's about time I tried. Will this thread get updated with details once the kit drops?
We have a drop off AIO ready to go from last year but I had to take some time off and didn't get around to it. That one is bit more challenging and if you have fabricating experience you will like. Going to try to get that one out later this year. Another challenge is the production management do not like my little projects because it takes up their machine capacities. They will get over it.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That being said I'm still in

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Time for another DIY drop.

This DIY will be an AIO Pico measuring 12x12x7.
The AIO will be coast to coast and 3 inches wide. >> Let's chat about the pump that will work for this.
Removable media caddy a possibility.
Black bottom (because they are really awesome)
Thru hole return with no bulkhead >> Let's chat about the thru hole diameter.

No instructions. We want this to be a R2R group effort. If anyone has questions or suggestions, ask the group.
Solvent weld or silicone assembly, it's up to you. This is a good way for anyone who wants to try their hand at solvent welding.

$39 includes shipping

First iteration render below. No Loc Line. No bulkhead. Updates will follow based on R2R feedback to the design.

All the best.

TENECOR PICO 12X12X7 BLACK.jpg
I'm interested in one of these kits when they drop, will you post in this thread when they are available? Could I preorder one now?

I assume all the panels would be precut to size. Would the edges be ready for welding or would they need any further preparation?

Thank you for your help!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in one of these kits when they drop, will you post in this thread when they are available? Could I preorder one now?

I assume all the panels would be precut to size. Would the edges be ready for welding or would they need any further preparation?

Thank you for your help!
The edges and all the pieces will be within a couple millimeters. For solvent weld, no prep necessary. For silicone, lightly scuff the bond edge with a kitchen cleaning pad (scotch Brite) or 800 or higher sandpaper to scuff it up a bit. Then use aquarium grade silicone. Weldon 4 is a good choice for newbies. Sets slower is thicker and more forgiving. Any leak spots, patch with silicone. Others here may have better methods. It's a group activity. I learn just as much as everyone else

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love in on this one. I watched the last deal but didn't join in. I already have solevent on hand.

Did I miss the dimension on the return chamber? I just got in a similar vertical pump to what was just showed, a hygger brand with a controller. I can measure it if needed .

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you run any risk of accidentally gluing your 90° to your tank? Or do you only have to worry if your 90° was made of acrylic? Lol
The stuff used to fix acrylic together works by slightly dissolving the acrylic, so that when the solvent evaporates out, the acrylic solidifies into one piece. Shouldn't work on anything that isn't also acrylic.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The edges and all the pieces will be within a couple millimeters. For solvent weld, no prep necessary. For silicone, lightly scuff the bond edge with a kitchen cleaning pad (scotch Brite) or 800 or higher sandpaper to scuff it up a bit. Then use aquarium grade silicone. Weldon 4 is a good choice for newbies. Sets slower is thicker and more forgiving. Any leak spots, patch with silicone. Others here may have better methods. It's a group activity. I learn just as much as everyone else
Thank you for your reply. I've built glass tanks with silicon, I would want this to gain experience solvent welding acrylic. Weldon 4 was what I planned to use. I'll watch for the drop. Thanks again for your help!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back