Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefers!

Here is the first sketchup. My goal for this DIY is for everyone to have a quality build that is designed into the product. Rather than having everyone rig their own jigs and fixtures. Before we start boiling this down, what does everyone think about doing a tank with black bottom and black sides? The back wall will have an aio attached to it.
IMG_0034.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good morning Reefers!

Here is the first sketchup. My goal for this DIY is for everyone to have a quality build that is designed into the product. Rather than having everyone rig their own jigs and fixtures. Before we start boiling this down, what does everyone think about doing a tank with black bottom and black sides? The back wall will have an aio attached to it.
IMG_0034.jpeg
I would do a black bottom and one side panel as an option? One side clear, one side black interchangeable so either side can be black?

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was another thought. Easily done as they are identical.
With tbrown offering the OPTION for one black long side for those displaying horizontal with AIO on left or right.
Those displaying in true drop peninsula orientation I'd think would go with go with 3 clear viewing sides. There is always paint if one changes their mind.

Per your sketch are you only going with peninsula orientation? (left pic)

For true DIY what about making the AIO universal for both end or back? Long side AIO would only require an extra piece to complete the AIO end above the drop side.
1710174396375.png

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With tbrown offering the OPTION for one black long side for those displaying horizontal with AIO on left or right.
Those displaying in true drop peninsula orientation I'd think would go with go with 3 clear viewing sides. There is always paint if one changes their mind.

For true DIY what about making the AIO universal for both end or back? Long side AIO would only require an extra piece to complete the AIO end above the drop side.
1710174396375.png
I was thinking similar. AIO on the back of the black side would be great!

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1710174396375.png
Interesting concept.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no weldon before putting the pieces together? Just after they are taped and in place (almost like running a bead of silicone)? Does the thicker Weldon 16 wick all the way across the interface for a full bond?
It won’t no… even the solvent won’t it needs to soak.. I’d advise against taping it all together and gluing a bead down the inside myself.. glue one panel at a time on top of each other for best results! No silicone no nothing but glue or solvent on a flat surface.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t no… even the solvent won’t it needs to soak.. I’d advise against taping it all together and gluing a bead down the inside myself.. glue one panel at a time on top of each other for best results! No silicone no nothing but glue or solvent on a flat surface.
Exactly why a added that I won't be building the aquarium that way. For the tab and notch setup the overflows have assembly is different from standard tanks.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting concept.
If AIO is on the back I'd be cutting out the front and making a DIY box for either ATO or dry goods. The small orange rectangle is the extra piece that I mentioned would be needed to close off the AIO box "IF" kit is universal for both peninsula (AIO on short end) or on back as shown.
1710178741291.png

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Frag rack on top

Strips are extra for practice (I assume)

Bottom left is for the first chamber in AIO and the circle is if you want to run a smaller return line.

Right bottom piece is to hold filter floss in first chamber - this piece does NOT glue. It stays loose so you can remove as needed.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused about these parts? Any help with those that have completed it yet?
IMG_1205.jpeg

BLUE - Long pieces are practice strips, extra.
RED - The tabbed piece with the rectangle center goes in media area.
LIGHT BLUE - Grate piece sits on top of the (RED) piece as a shelf if you want to use it.
GREEN - Return hole insert IF bulkhead is not used and one only wants a .510 hole
Orange - Scrap, extra.

1710192551242.png

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BLUE - Long pieces are practice strips, extra.
RED - The tabbed piece with the rectangle center goes in media area.
LIGHT BLUE - Grate piece sits on top of the (RED) piece as a shelf if you want to use it.
GREEN - Return hole insert IF bulkhead is not used and one only wants a .510 hole
Orange - Scrap, extra.

1710192551242.png
You’re so good with the visuals.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today, looking forward to putting it together. Can't wait for the next drop. I LOVE this nano AIO. There are not enough high quality acrylic nano AIO on the market. Every small AIO you drop here, I will buy.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back