!!THE VOICE OF A FEW AT LEAST: AN ACRO GUYS' JOURNEY INTO THE REALM OF THE BOBBING SOFTIE!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously a unique mushroom and colorful with the bubbles giving some texture and dimension, but " come on man", it's still just a mushroom!
And don"t think i'm only hating on the shrooms and their prices, I think some of these acros and their saturated, altered images and credulous prices are in the same "come on man!" category of overpriced.
No offense Adam, love your corals and will be wanting a pack after I see how much i blow at Christmas.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like them much, definitely not enough to spend crazy $ on one.

But check out this shroom I got. Not a bounce, or is it?

20151030_192648.jpg

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a bounce last weekend and the seller wanted $600 for a 1" piece. Some may say this is a good price. But in my opinion there are many other better looking corals of all varieties for much less money. For that money I could buy 20 great looking SPS corals. Like others have said.... If they were $50, I'm sure I'd buy one. But its just not worth it at that price. Eventually the price will come down; like everything else in the hobby. It's just the current hot item.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have high end sps. Make a pack sell it. Then pay the guy 700
For bounce.

Don't try to trade. Reefers generally ask more when trading.

It's all worth it believe me. Wwc sold a bounce pack for 5600. I was short otherwise I would have bought them.

I like my bounce shroom. And so does everyone else that owns one.
It would take a BIG pack to pay for a single $700 mushroom(1/4"). Unfortunately I have a heart and can't charge people out the butt for corals. As of right now this is a hobby for me and not a business.

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder why someone always talk about how much something cost if its a sps, chalices to mushrooms! It's always something!
Remember not too long there was a polyp yes a polyp that went for $$$$ and it would melt on you and people still want one?
I have a bounce and its as bullet proof that it won't die on me like some sps or chalices. I think I've spent more money on sps
that died on me that I could have with 4 wwc bounce mushrooms at retail. Just my opinion on this topic.

Devlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the hobby. 10 months now. I have quickly noticed that most sellers are jumping on the bandwagon with the bounce theme. Charging ridiculous money for a shroom that doesn't even have good color but bubbles. I've been looking for really nice blastos. One seller so far has good prices that I've found. 100$ and 200$ for one head is just crazy to me. I get the urge to splurge every once in a while. But I just can't bring my self to spend so much on so little. And even if I could sell frags from an expensive piece I wouldn't charge what I paid. Would love to add a wwc bounce. But it would have to fall in my lap before I paid 500$ for it.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In all fairness, I wasn't even interested in discussing the cost. Thats as subject for another thread. More wanted to know what you guys liked about the thing! simple as that

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree adam. I cant do it, nor can i spend 1000 on a single polyp zoa/paly. Its crazy. People will always do what they want. Always remember a coral any coral is ONLY worth what someone is willing to pay.

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you Adam, i don't get it. I don't know why people like them so much. I feel like right now its "the coral" to have so people are going crazy for it. I dont care for them myself, not saying i wouldnt take one if someone was passing them out, but ive found other shrooms a lot more appealing and not nearly as expensive.

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it all got worst someone in south Cal bought a 6000.00 bounce at RAP. I was there and can say I was part of the hype...that's as far as I care about about it...but to all its own...

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks like natural selection took a pass on the bounce mushroom. It really is a freak show, and I think that is its greatest appeal. I'd own one for the novelty, but like others said I would pay maybe $50 for it. Or trade a few things I have in abundance. There really is no comparison between a sliced and diced mushroom and the prices paid for captive SPS that can take months to years to produce a 1" (or smaller) frag, the system stability it often takes for that to happen, etc. The difference is pure hype and speculation. It will come down, might take a few years, but then I will have a $50 bounce. Or a nicer looking one that comes along that never reached the same level of fervor surrounding it.

ReeferCub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find them ugly. Even though I find ricordea mushroom cool, particularly when they are grouped together.
But bounces....ugghhh! They kind of remind me of unwanted tumors which are colorful.
Sorry for sounding like a jerk. But this is my opinion.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that bounce sold at RAP was fantastic advertisement.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all fairness, I wasn't even interested in discussing the cost. Thats as subject for another thread. More wanted to know what you guys liked about the thing! simple as that
Ok, cost aside I think they are pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a couple in the corner of my reef as a sideshow, never a centerpiece. I've seen a few a Cornbreads place and they are interesting. Now you throw in cost, and fuggedaboutit!

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one. That being said in 3-4 years when the price drops I want one. While I love sps I've killed to many to want to spend hundreds of dollars on. I've killed 0 of the shrooms I've purchased. Maybe someday I'll come up with the balls to buy a BC pack (on Wisconsin too ;) )

It's a very cool discussion piece. And while not everyone likes the look, it's definitely different, in my opinion in a good way!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back