The way overboard nano...

blide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lurked here for a while and figured I should post some pics and interact with everyone. I just got married and moved to a new house and had to take down my SPS tank, so I set up a small tank for now and will be building a large ric/soft coral tank soon. I really like the website and it allowed me to find a nice vendor (Morgan, www.reefgardner.net) which fixed me up with some nice polyps this week.

Oh if anyone has tips for taking pictures under 20K MH please share because the color is so much better than my pics...

Here is my current collection of ricordia... :D

ric2_377.jpg

ric1_435.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my tank specs (Way overkill... It's all the hardware I had on my SPS tank)

Tank - 20g High Drilled
Sump - 30g Rubbermaid
NW200 Octopus Skimmer - Rated 180g
Calcium Reactor
ACjr - Connected to a PC
Auto-topoff (w/Kalk) - Float Valve
Flow - Tunze 6045 & Korila Nano
Lighting - 1 250w MH (XM 20K)

fulltank_102.jpg

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Bill!

That's a sweet little tank, wish I could take credit for all those rics. hehe How big is your new tank going to be?

Taking pics under 20k is a pain because the blue interferes with the picture color. I would try adjusting your white balance to make up for it. Also if your camera has a reasonable photoshop program it should have a "edit color/color adjust" option. If you reduce the blue and add red/green that may help to remove some of the violet glare you're getting.
I have the same problem taking pics under 14k. My pictures used to come out too dark/blue. I think I hit a button on my camera recently that made things brighter, I don't know what the heck I did tho. LOL Can you tell my camera is too smart for me? ;p

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy rics!!! nice little ric garden you got going there!! who cares if it's overkill - most people love overkill!!! I know I do!! when will the bigger tank be going up and how big???

OP
OP
B

blide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got to sell the new wife's condo and then we'll start the remodel on the house we moved into and that's when the tank will go in to the wall. I'm looking at around 280 to 350 depending on how deep the tank is going to be. Plus, I've had SPS and I'm done with them and have a goal of creating a very colorful soft coral tank.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME setup! I love the ric collection u have!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great rics Blide! Yea Morgan has some great rics......You have a great collection going....

Welcome to Clubzoa if I hadn't already said so.....

OP
OP
B

blide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I changed my lighting today from a 250w MH to 4X24 TEK T5 kit and so far I like it.

newt5_836.jpg

I'm not sure how high I'm suppost to have the lights from the water though, so I went with 5 inches. Well anyway here's some ric **** for you guys under the new lights. :)

newt52_127.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! Looking good! What bulb are you using?

buster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you skimming that much if even at all?? Nice looking tank BTW

OP
OP
B

blide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Looking good! What bulb are you using?

I bought the unit used and it's about 2 months old and it has 4 Giesmann bulbs right now, but I'm going to change them out soon to this:
Front
Blue Plus
Super Actinic
Aquasun
Blue Plus

OP
OP
B

blide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lot of rics. How long did it take you to grow them???

I've had most of them for a long time 3 or 4 yrs, but had a SPS tank and they didn't grow much at all. Once I took down my big SPS tank (Got Married and Moved :hammer: ) I went with a smaller setup until I could get settled down again. So that's when I decided I was going to start planning a large ric tank and Morgan over a reefgardner.net is supplying me with some good stuff :p .

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 46 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back