The WiFi Version Noo-Psyche K7 PRO III

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the response!

So which would be better to try: the WiFi or app controlled version? Does it make a difference? I imagine they’re both using wifi if an app is involved.
I think previously that @noopsyche stated it's the same light just listed two ways on the website. One comes with the "X Shape Fixture" the other doesn't.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So you’re not seeing any banding issues on the sand? The color is blending well?
I have bare bottom. When the shafts of light filter down from the surface my tank looks like when I go snorkeling. I don't see any individual colors; just a blend of the overall color of the light. It looks white where the shimmer coalesces on objects. The pattern created is similar to when you look down into a pool.

Krampus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bare bottom. When the shafts of light filter down from the surface my tank looks like when I go snorkeling. I don't see any individual colors; just a blend of the overall color of the light. It looks white where the shimmer coalesces on objects. The pattern created is similar to when you look down into a pool.
Ok cool. I’ll have to buy one and give it a try.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok cool. I’ll have to buy one and give it a try.
I just got the Mini for my 15 gallon tank - waiting for delivery. I plan to get some PAR measurements as soon as I can rent the meter from my local shop.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started mine off 12 inches from the surface on LPS mode to acclimate. when i was waiting to put the hanging system together i ran them on LPS/SPS mode just to test and i felt it was too much without tweeking the programs intensities.

Now running on SPS/LPS after a couple weeks at 12 inches off the surface and dropped the channels down 10% which seems okay right now.

if you drop the white channel a bit on the SPS and SPS/LPS presets it really makes the corals pop.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone having trouble connecting? I had mine all set up once I figured everything out, I'm not much of a networking guy. I have 4 k7 one as master and the other as slaves. All worked well a week or so ago connected via Lan. Went to tinker today and I can not connect. I get a message stating data connection has been disconnected. Cleared the setting and tried to reconnect and it times out. Power cycled router and modem no change. Everything thing else in the house is working fine. Hopefully I'm not going to have to fully reset all these light and start over. Any one have any suggestions? @noopsyche My router is only 2.4

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone having trouble connecting? I had mine all set up once I figured everything out, I'm not much of a networking guy. I have 4 k7 one as master and the other as slaves. All worked well a week or so ago connected via Lan. Went to tinker today and I can not connect. I get a message stating data connection has been disconnected. Cleared the setting and tried to reconnect and it times out. Power cycled router and modem no change. Everything thing else in the house is working fine. Hopefully I'm not going to have to fully reset all these light and start over. Any one have any suggestions? @noopsyche My router is only 2.4
Hey, is your WiFi signal stable?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, is your WiFi signal stable?

As far as I know it is and the router is only about 15 feet away. The lights are the only device having a problem connecting. I was able to connect using AP which allowed me to change settings and master and slave did not have to be reconfigured so that is a plus.

I found some articles on how to test the wifi for stability. I will do that tomorrow just to be sure.

Last edited:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well wifi is stable with 0% packet loss. I was able to connect to wifi today after switching from AP back to wifi so all is well. Not sure where the problem is / was but I'll worry about it if it keeps happening. I guess having AP is a plus. If wifi isn't working at least there is a second method to connect to the lights :thinking-face:

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just and fyi mine went out of sync this morning. I’m sure it was daylight savings time change. I think master switched but the slave one stayed on other time. I fixed it by going manual then back to schedule, they synced back up just fine. Loving these lights!

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just and fyi mine went out of sync this morning. I’m sure it was daylight savings time change. I think master switched but the slave one stayed on other time. I fixed it by going manual then back to schedule, they synced back up just fine. Loving these lights!
Yes, IMO, save your settings through the QR code, it is best to share them, so no worry about losing it and no need to rummage through albums

Krampus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light ordered! I’m excited to see it in action.
Is their a way to track shipping without using the Shop app? I downloaded yet another app, which I didn’t want to do, but I want to track my shipping. Then the app required access to all of my emails before it will let me track shipping and I’m not comfortable with that. Is there a way to just get a tracking link? I can pm you my order number if that would help get the information I’m after. Thanks!

Krampus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is their a way to track shipping without using the Shop app? I downloaded yet another app, which I didn’t want to do, but I want to track my shipping. Then the app required access to all of my emails before it will let me track shipping and I’m not comfortable with that. Is there a way to just get a tracking link? I can pm you my order number if that would help get the information I’m after. Thanks!
Very impressive customer service! I got a pm within an hour of posting this! I love it!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this issue since I got mine. Every time I start the app and then click on the lps icon it says connection failed. The only way around this is to click the network connection in the upper right and then click back. Then everything works fine. It is like the app doesn't connect to the network when you start it up, only after you go to the network setup screen.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that but they are still not synced. I even changed the schedule to see if that would force a sync but it didn't.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that but they are still not synced. I even changed the schedule to see if that would force a sync but it didn't.
You might have to do it with the buttons on the light instead of through the app just and idea anyway. All I had to do was tick the manual button and they synced. Then I went back to schedule and has been fine.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this issue since I got mine. Every time I start the app and then click on the lps icon it says connection failed. The only way around this is to click the network connection in the upper right and then click back. Then everything works fine. It is like the app doesn't connect to the network when you start it up, only after you go to the network setup screen.
I’ve had the same bug. And same work around as you has been the fix.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just clicking the network icon and back didn't work for me. I actually had to use the buttons to switch the master to AP and connect that way then go back to LAN and set it up again. The master slave configuration remained intact as did my setting. I had cleared all the data and cache in the app which did nothing. So far it is still connecting but it has only been a few days so we'll see.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back