The WiFi Version Noo-Psyche K7 PRO III

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bluetang_2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i turn on the light, i can hear high pitch noise coming from the fan, even at 15 ft away. Anyone has the same problem? Maybe just the fan breaking in?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When i turn on the light, i can hear high pitch noise coming from the fan, even at 15 ft away. Anyone has the same problem? Maybe just the fan breaking in?
Sounds like a bearing. Contact @noopsyche about it?

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, sent you a Private Message

bluetang_2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some updates after working with Noo-psyche, the high frequench sound is no longer present. The fan is a bit louder than what i am used as compare to other light that i have, but i am only 3 feet away from the office nano tank =). I really like the light when it’s on though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only time ive ever heard that is when the bracket or other object is touching the fan

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just some updates after working with Noo-psyche, the high frequench sound is no longer present. The fan is a bit louder than what i am used as compare to other light that i have, but i am only 3 feet away from the office nano tank =). I really like the light when it’s on though.
Check out @Projects with Sam 's website for a shade for the light!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Check out @Projects with Sam 's website for a shade for the light!

I'm currently switching over to shopify. PM me here and we can chat about what you need. I have some newer designs I havent put up yet.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how deep is the nano tank? these lights are powerful so i would imagine you may have the fixture tuned down quite a bit. they are nice little lights!

i'm running mine on the ends to compliment my GHL Mitras. the spread on the NooPsyche is pretty nice. i can just run these off the ends without even turning on the Mitras and the tank is covered. pretty impressive. i hear my fans too. My mitras is silent unless you are right up next to it. the fans on the NooPsyche isn't too audible though.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a high powered fan. If use a low powered fan, it will be found that the wind cannot be blown out after a period of time affect heat dissipation.

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the new wifi models power brick still get hot even with what looks to be a heatsink built into it

Krampus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in trying one of these lights but I can't tell the difference between the app and wifi controlled. Which would you recommend and why?

Also, I see the lens is now 90 degrees versus a wider lens in the past. Out of curiosity, what are the benefits of a narrower lens? This fixture genuinely has my curiosity and I look forward to your response!

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine barely gets warm but for my tank (75gallon marineland) I have 2 lights running at 50% power. Gives me all the par I need.
Yeah , I bit the bullet and ordered one out of curiosity. Do you have a pic of your tank with light on. Do the tank mount holders fit a rimmed tank without any modifications.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah , I bit the bullet and ordered one out of curiosity. Do you have a pic of your tank with light on. Do the tank mount holders fit a rimmed tank without any modifications.
This is a picture with lights at brightest for my schedule. They are more white in person. I don’t have filter to give real color
83E6AE8B-8DC9-421E-BCC2-C3BBA151E764.jpeg
representation. I have a hood because I wanted t5 supplement. I used part of the mounting arm in my hood.

Attachments

• B72D59C6-A0A5-4034-9A79-E46386FE4DDD.jpeg
    B72D59C6-A0A5-4034-9A79-E46386FE4DDD.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 64
  • EA162BA6-7503-4BA0-8F2B-A668F66DCBBE.jpeg
    EA162BA6-7503-4BA0-8F2B-A668F66DCBBE.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, I see the lens is now 90 degrees versus a wider lens in the past. Out of curiosity, what are the benefits of a narrower lens?
Both the light beads and the lens are convex mirrors, which can enhance the light intensity. ∠90° makes the light more concentrated, more like the effect of direct sunlight

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Both the light beads and the lens are convex mirrors, which can enhance the light intensity. ∠90° makes the light more concentrated, more like the effect of direct sunlight
agreed. First time I turned mine on I felt like I was diving because the ripple/shimmer is white light not colored.

Krampus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response!

So which would be better to try: the WiFi or app controlled version? Does it make a difference? I imagine they’re both using wifi if an app is involved.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back