The WiFi Version Noo-Psyche K7 PRO III

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My only primary concern is the reports of a lot of heat from the power brick. I have fans galore so i guess i could point a fan at them but that's just another cord added to the already massive collection i have. Can anyone here testify as to the heat these can generate? is it concerning?
I don't have the new app controlled version but my two K7 V3 140s and 75 and the K7 Pro II 90 don't get super hot.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Having to buy a controller was sort of keeping me from looking closer at these. Will have to try and find a video later on the app and stuff.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like it! Having to buy a controller was sort of keeping me from looking closer at these. Will have to try and find a video later on the app and stuff.
No controller needed now. I have an extra controller for the V3s if you need one. I'm in Peoria.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm interested. I currently have my mitras hanging inside an T5 hybrid. Please post a pic when you can. Thanks in advance.
Sorry I almost forgot to take a picture. Please forgive my mess I’m bad about not cleaning around the tank area very often.

It’s a just a basic aluminum frame that I spaced to let the Noopsyche lights hang from their mounting holes. I also mounted a Neptune auto feeder and lunar lights to the rail also. I may have gone overboard on the number of lights that I used. I have one for every foot of tank.
23E9CDEA-613B-41FB-8082-73747B6DD3D2.jpeg

A8DCC34B-F764-453A-A353-E626AE23906E.jpeg

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I almost forgot to take a picture. Please forgive my mess I’m bad about not cleaning around the tank area very often.

It’s a just a basic aluminum frame that I spaced to let the Noopsyche lights hang from their mounting holes. I also mounted a Neptune auto feeder and lunar lights to the rail also. I may have gone overboard on the number of lights that I used. I have one for every foot of tank.
23E9CDEA-613B-41FB-8082-73747B6DD3D2.jpeg

A8DCC34B-F764-453A-A353-E626AE23906E.jpeg
thanks for the pics. looks great and gives me some ideas. Wish i could have that size system LOL.

my downstairs floor plan and the wife keep me limited on what i can keep downstairs-YIKES! LOLOL

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the pics. looks great and gives me some ideas. Wish i could have that size system LOL.

my downstairs floor plan and the wife keep me limited on what i can keep downstairs-YIKES! LOLOL
It’s just the basic 125g. I actually had room for a little bit longer tank so I really wish I would’ve gotten an 8’ or 10’ tank. When I bought that tank I was trying to go cheap so I went with the normal rimmed 6’ 125, I now regret that decision but I’m not willing to hassle with upgrading.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just the basic 125g. I actually had room for a little bit longer tank so I really wish I would’ve gotten an 8’ or 10’ tank. When I bought that tank I was trying to go cheap so I went with the normal rimmed 6’ 125, I now regret that decision but I’m not willing to hassle with upgrading.
well that's 50 more than me LOL. I'm still jealous at anyone with a 100+ system. Oh well! MAybe they will let me have a big tank in the old age home when i get shipped off. i hope the room they give me has wall space ;-)

i feel ya regarding upgrading. while it's exciting looking forward to the new system, it is a huge PIA.

For anyone out there (including yourself) that has these lights; How long did it take for NooPsyche to process the order and get tracking?

Just curious as i figure maybe a couple weeks or more, but sure am looking forward to getting these mounted. i have a couple struggling colonies of cyphatsrea and some monti cap on the ends that are struggling and need to color up and start growing again.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that's 50 more than me LOL. I'm still jealous at anyone with a 100+ system. Oh well! MAybe they will let me have a big tank in the old age home when i get shipped off. i hope the room they give me has wall space ;-)

i feel ya regarding upgrading. while it's exciting looking forward to the new system, it is a huge PIA.

For anyone out there (including yourself) that has these lights; How long did it take for NooPsyche to process the order and get tracking?

Just curious as i figure maybe a couple weeks or more, but sure am looking forward to getting these mounted. i have a couple struggling colonies of cyphatsrea and some monti cap on the ends that are struggling and need to color up and start growing again.
It took me almost 3 weeks to get mine but as it turns out I ordered mine during golden week, which is a Chinese holiday where the country apparently shows a down for the whole week. Ive heard other people on the forum say that they got theirs a lot quicker.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Look into the 90 or the 110 tall? Smaller footprint, big tanks?

120 is another option as well.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It took me almost 3 weeks to get mine but as it turns out I ordered mine during golden week, which is a Chinese holiday where the country apparently shows a down for the whole week. Ive heard other people on the forum say that they got theirs a lot quicker.
I got mine in about 6 days.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that like their chinese new year? made the mistake of ordering something non tank related around their new years and took a looong time to get it. this was before Covid too.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
is that like their chinese new year? made the mistake of ordering something non tank related around their new years and took a looong time to get it. this was before Covid too.
No, just another holiday. I think it's a celebration time rather than a holiday though. Multiple day if I recall correctly. @noopsyche ?

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into the 90 or the 110 tall? Smaller footprint, big tanks?

120 is another option as well.
thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately those bigger systems will have to wait since i just recently upgraded from a 60 cube to the 75 IM. I used to have a 120 around 20 years ago. it started out as a cichlid tank, then a Discus tank and lastly a LPS and softy tank. I miss the tank but not the maintenance. I got rid of it because the acrylic was a mess with scratches after a few years with the cichlids always knocking over stuff. My neighbor took it for his kid and said he could buff out the scratches and i said have fun.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, just another holiday. I think it's a celebration time rather than a holiday though. Multiple day if I recall correctly. @noopsyche ?
Yes!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It's Lunar New Year. It's a about 15 to 20 days vacation. 2023 Lunar New Year is 21th Jan 2023. For the Lunar New Year, we usually have a week off in advance.At that time, everyone would go home for the New Year and reunite with family

Last edited:

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Nooppsyche! Mine arrived today. So just under a week!!

The lights are waiting for me at home but still have 1 1/2 hours left here at work. Going to be a loooong 1.5 hours LOL

I bought a couple black 1" x 36" inch extruded aluminum rails and some black baked carbon steel universal mending plates, pretty excited. probably will just tinker with mounting ideas tonight and start mounting tomorrow after work.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Nooppsyche! Mine arrived today. So just under a week!!

The lights are waiting for me at home but still have 1 1/2 hours left here at work. Going to be a loooong 1.5 hours LOL

I bought a couple black 1" x 36" inch extruded aluminum rails and some black baked carbon steel universal mending plates, pretty excited. probably will just tinker with mounting ideas tonight and start mounting tomorrow after work.
I feel like you might be feeling a little sick right now.... Maybe you should leave early?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back