The WiFi Version Noo-Psyche K7 PRO III

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Took me just over a week to get the two I ordered. General question, how are people mounting or keeping the power bricks cool, they are in my cabinet and they get pretty hot, I was thinking of adding a fan pointed at them.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new 140Watt Coral Light Upgrade
  • Wi-Fi Control
  • Download/Upload/Share spectrums settings function
  • cooling power supply
K7 PRO III is HERE!!!

K7 PRO III 角度6英 75000.jpg
3K7 PRO III光谱.jpg
K7 PRO III 灯珠分布.png
K7 PRO III英.jpg
链接英 .jpg

Size: 212*127*31mm
Package Weight: 2Kg
Power: 140W
Voltage: 100-240V 50/60Hz 3A
Warranty: one year

@noopsyche is the PAR maps width scale in cm? Or for some reason in Inches yet the depth is cm?

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@noopsyche is the PAR maps width scale in cm? Or for some reason in Inches yet the depth is cm?
Hello @spsick Yes it's "cm" Why is it popular? Because the raised corals grow well and keep at a low price point, even if the spread is "bad", you can add one more to make up for it.
All coral lights are tested in this way. If you have doubts about the product, you can buy it back and compare it with others popular brands. The power of kessil are not good enough, some SPS that we can raise but they can't. The AI spread midpoint-to-edge falloff is three times worse. Radion spread is good, but it didn't have the great mix and shimmer.

Last edited:

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, the K7 has pretty good/great spread.
Check out @telegraham's review of the K7 on the humblefish forum where he talks about how good the spread is on the K7.

K7 review
Yeah that looks much better, and looking again at Noops graph, it’s a bit deceiving as the PAR ranges in each section are wide.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered 2 for my 75

not sure if i should run my mitrasLX7 in the middle or just run these 2 lights alone. i think I'll run all three perpendicular and see how it looks. if too much then i may just clean it up a bit and just run the noops parallel. looking forward to seeing these up and running.

akito starwind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my two in 2 weeks from the order. Best to use LAN mode. I tryed AP mode and it would not save settings. LAN mode works good.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
just ordered 2 for my 75

not sure if i should run my mitrasLX7 in the middle or just run these 2 lights alone. i think I'll run all three perpendicular and see how it looks. if too much then i may just clean it up a bit and just run the noops parallel. looking forward to seeing these up and running.
I run a 90 and a 75 Noopsyche over my 75. I have two 140 Noopsyches over the 125. I would say that the 2 will work but you may end up with some shadowing.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips. My IM 75 ext has the glass over flow on the outside of the tank and I'll have to mount the noops just outside left to right. That will leave a bit of a gap and probably just enough room for the mitras. Will research using LAN. I'll report back when they arrive. Happy reefing

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the tips. My IM 75 ext has the glass over flow on the outside of the tank and I'll have to mount the noops just outside left to right. That will leave a bit of a gap and probably just enough room for the mitras. Will research using LAN. I'll report back when they arrive. Happy reefing
@Gtinnel mounted his to a rail above his tank. Check out his build thread. He's got a 6' 125 gallon with 7 of the K7 V3 140s. The rail makes it easier to mount them regardless of what you have attached to the tank. It's another good idea to consider for the future or start setting up before the lights arrive.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gtinnel mounted his to a rail above his tank. Check out his build thread. He's got a 6' 125 gallon with 7 of the K7 V3 140s. The rail makes it easier to mount them regardless of what you have attached to the tank. It's another good idea to consider for the future or start setting up before the lights arrive.
Yep I just hung a rectangular 80/20 extruded aluminum frame from my ceiling. I spaced the long rails so they matched up to the bolt holes on the lights so that I put a longer bolt and washer in each hole and I could just slide them into the rail. Also, it’s 6 lights not 7, I talked about adding a 7th but it would’ve put the lights closer together than Noopsyche recommended.

I can take a picture of it this evening if anyone wants to see it, but it’s no longer the build thread that is associated with my badge.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I just hung a rectangular 80/20 extruded aluminum frame from my ceiling. I spaced the long rails so they matched up to the bolt holes on the lights so that I put a longer bolt and washer in each hole and I could just slide them into the rail. Also, it’s 6 lights not 7, I talked about adding a 7th but it would’ve put the lights closer together than Noopsyche recommended.

I can take a picture of it this evening if anyone wants to see it, but it’s no longer the build thread that is associated with my badge.
Now I'm interested. I currently have my mitras hanging inside an T5 hybrid. Please post a pic when you can. Thanks in advance.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm interested. I currently have my mitras hanging inside an T5 hybrid. Please post a pic when you can. Thanks in advance.
Im at work but I’ll take a picture this evening. It’s nothing much just a metal frame that holds the lights that is hung from my ceiling.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this compare to Smatfarm which lacks the color pop without a lightbar, does the noopsyche have that? And is the app similar to AI where you can adjust each light on different times? The Smatfarm lacks this feature which can only set once.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this compare to Smatfarm which lacks the color pop without a lightbar, does the noopsyche have that? And is the app similar to AI where you can adjust each light on different times? The Smatfarm lacks this feature which can only set once.
I have never used smatfarm and my noopsyche lights are not the newer type with app control. However I assure these will be better than the smatfarm lights. There are certain brands that just make knockoff versions of bigger brands lights. Noopsyche is a Chinese based company but they make their own original product.
I switched from black box leds to Noopsyche and they’re much much better.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have never used smatfarm and my noopsyche lights are not the newer type with app control. However I assure these will be better than the smatfarm lights. There are certain brands that just make knockoff versions of bigger brands lights. Noopsyche is a Chinese based company but they make their own original product.
I switched from black box leds to Noopsyche and they’re much much better.
I can vouch for this! My noopsyche lights definitely make colors pop better than any of the other lights I've run. You can mix each color channel individually and independent of the other channels but the timing is for the light ramp up and down. Blue can't come on at a different time than white unless built into the ramp up/down.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just plan on starting out with the sps/lps pre set at 11 hours and maybe 50% intensity, then see how things respond and ramp up slowly. My current mitras schedule was copied over from a 17k program in the GHL forums and it has worked well, but now doesn't cover what i need on the ends since the upgrade to the 75. I was going to go with another mitras but $$$$$. then i saw these and could have got three for less than the price of one mitras. Who knows! if i really like these and they grow coral with some pop, i'll PU another one and retire the mitras to the storage bin or the sellers forum.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only primary concern is the reports of a lot of heat from the power brick. I have fans galore so i guess i could point a fan at them but that's just another cord added to the already massive collection i have. Can anyone here testify as to the heat these can generate? is it concerning?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back