The WiFi Version Noo-Psyche K7 PRO III

Is the optics/output of this any different than the K7 V3? I want to add a second NP light to my tank but I dont want to have to replace my few month only one.
 
Will one new wifi K7 V3, be a master for the older K7 V3. I just bought 4 non wifi still new in the box..
 
Is the optics/output of this any different than the K7 V3? I want to add a second NP light to my tank but I dont want to have to replace my few month only one.
the optics/output of this no different than the K7 V3
 
Can I get around using the controller for the old lights, by buying a new app controlled light and using it as the master and the old lights as slaves?
 
Can I get around using the controller for the old lights, by buying a new app controlled light and using it as the master and the old lights as slaves?
I like this idea but I doubt it. I'm running K7 Pro II and K7 V3 and their programming is just different enough that the controller for the V3 - while it works technically - doesn't control it the same way it controls the V3. I'm guessing it would be the same even if there was a work around to make the app work.
 
What’s recommended for a 72x24x30Deep SPS dominated, clams etc? Is one per 24” enough?
 
What’s recommended for a 72x24x30Deep SPS dominated, clams etc? Is one per 24” enough?
@Gtinnel has 6 or 7 on his 72" tank but he has the intensity turned down because it's only 22" deep. It helps eliminate shadows. I have 2 plus a black box on my 125 but could definitely use at least 2 more. I'd definitely recommend at least 4 - possibly 5 with the deeper tank.
 
I do have 6 on my 6’ 125g tank and although I could’ve probably gotten away with less, I’m glad I didn’t. I partially went with that many because my tank has two braces that cause some pretty bad shadowing. If you don’t have any bracing in the way you shouldn’t need as many, but I would personally still use more than one every 2 feet.
I agree with @tbrown3589 and would go with 4 or 5.
 
I just opened the K7 v3 I purchased a few months ago and they are the non-wifi ones. If I add a third wifi will I be able to match the spectrum with the app or will you be able to tell they are different?
 
I just opened the K7 v3 I purchased a few months ago and they are the non-wifi ones. If I add a third wifi will I be able to match the spectrum with the app or will you be able to tell they are different?
They are the same light just without the WiFi capabilities. Adding the third one - assuming you keep the percentages the same - shouldn't be noticeable. I have two of the older ones on my tank and a black box in the middle of both of them. There's a HUGE spectrum difference between the two lights but once it's in the tank it all blends fairly well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new