Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my wrasses/fish/inverts

TDO chromoboost
Nori - Crumbled in the pellet feeder.
Algae max pellets
Ocean nutrition pellets

These are on an autofeeder that feeds once in the AM, and once again in the PM.

I then feed a chunk of LRS, PE mysis, ROE, and 3ml/G of live phyto at dinner time.
I’ll look in to these foods. Got a lot of nori but haven’t fed any since I don’t have any Algea eaters except some snails

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot say enough good things about TDO!

Since I started feeding it about 2 years back, all my fish are fatter, more active, and have more vibrant colors then before. I also have not found a single fish that will not at the very, least try it. Most will end up eating it if they at least nibble it. I don't know if it's the red color, or perhaps the smell, but all my fish, even newly added ones, are attracted to it.

@Reef Nutrition really hit the ball out of the park on that food.

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, nothing riles up this thread like someone coming in with a big tank asking what wrasses to get!
I appreciate the help. I’m super new and I absolutely love the wrasses so looking forward to get my first ones soon. I’ll keep you guys posted on my adventure. Speaking about acclimatisation box anyone got a tip on what to get?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Nutrition has excellent foods. My liquid food feeding system pumps a mixture of ROE, oyster feast and phyto feast into the tank 4x per day. I also periodically hit the feed button on the pumps and drop RN PacPods Feast into the gyre, which drives everything crazy. TDO pellets are dropped into the tank 3x per day on the dry autofeeder.

I've been very impressed with the growth (and girth!) of my wrasses with this regimen. I think the ROE really fattens them up.

When I get a plank I'll have to add some shredded nori too!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the help. I’m super new and I absolutely love the wrasses so looking forward to get my first ones soon. I’ll keep you guys posted on my adventure. Speaking about acclimatisation box anyone got a tip on what to get?
i have an OctoAquatics SHU acclimation box. Really strong, really good build, although perhaps pricey.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll fall in love with leopards. They're like puppies. When I out my face near the glass mine comes up swimming back and forth. The yellow pig is more skittish and hides, but the leopard (and until recently the brunneus) clearly knew I was the food bearer.

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll fall in love with leopards. They're like puppies. When I out my face near the glass mine comes up swimming back and forth. The yellow pig is more skittish and hides, but the leopard (and until recently the brunneus) clearly knew I was the food bearer.
I’ll probably go all out leopard tbh. Didn’t realise I could add more then one so I’ll most likely skip all other fish exert the ones I already have and maybe a tang for algae control.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll probably go all out leopard tbh. Didn’t realise I could add more then one so I’ll most likely skip all other fish exert the ones I already have and maybe a tang for algae control.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Leopards are my favorite genus of wrasses. There are a lot more out there that have more color, but none are more laid back, and personable IMHO.

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said earlier in the thread, Leopards are my favorite genus of wrasses. There are a lot more out there that have more color, but none are more laid back, and personable IMHO.
Bipartitus
Meleagris
Negrosensis
Lapillus (out of stock)
Moyeri (out of stock)
Ornatus
This is the listing on my LFS. Most likely they can get others as well

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back