The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Mel is ok with this list too? And it’s interesting you say that about the Fini. My rosy is quite peaceful and just get’s out of the Mel’s way during feeding. The Mel actually loves a friend to follow - first it was my Diamond goby that he came with from LFS and then my orange shoulder tang, who died due to nem sting. He just wants a buddy - lol.
So this guy is a no?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this guy is a no?

They should get along but be careful as the Cyanopleura can be more boisterous compared to other species.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should get along but be careful as the Cyanopleura can be more boisterous compared to other species.
Yes, as I’ve been reading thru the R2R posts about them, it seems they can be that way as they get to be big. I would get a small one like the rosy.

However, your OG list and the new ones suggested tonight opens it up, so I will think carefully. It won’t be an expensive one though. Unless the Diamond tail goes on clearance- lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went to the LFS and I picked up 3 wrasses. I did the one thing I don’t usually do and did get a pair of one species.
None of them were the species I was actually thinking about but one is 100% nicer than some of the others you see. Photos to come!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re home and look at these beauties!
A pair of Rubricaudalis Flashers and an Edwardi Pencil!
IMG_9982.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you mean my rosy scale looks like Vibranium? It’s completely different - am I showing my total newbieness and you are talking about different species? I get soo confused in the wrasse world. Lol.
200.gif
black panther marvel GIF by Because Science

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re home and look at these beauties!
A pair of Rubricaudalis Flashers and an Edwardi Pencil!
IMG_9982.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg
Wow - three incredible specimens in one LFS trip! At this rate your new tank will be filled by Sunday!

Seriously though, congrats!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - three incredible specimens in one LFS trip! At this rate your new tank will be filled by Sunday!

Seriously though, congrats!
I know right! I knew they would have some stunning wrasse in but when I turned the corner and saw the male Flasher, instantly I wanted a price, for the pair it was equal to $124 and the male was only around $99. The Pencil was one I saw and fell in love with instantly but it had weird colouring and couldn’t figure out why it looked like a Severnsi but wasn’t.

Thankyou, honestly I don’t know how I got so lucky to see 3 gorgeous wrasses in the flesh and now own them!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right! I knew they would have some stunning wrasse in but when I turned the corner and saw the male Flasher, instantly I wanted a price, for the pair it was equal to $124 and the male was only around $99. The Pencil was one I saw and fell in love with instantly but it had weird colouring and couldn’t figure out why it looked like a Severnsi but wasn’t.

Thankyou, honestly I don’t know how I got so lucky to see 3 gorgeous wrasses in the flesh and now own them!
And at a really great price! I think a Diamond flasher might just be in your future!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s 2 of the 3 in the tank! The female rubricaudalis did decide to hide in the rockwork straight away but the other 2 came out and fed instantly!
IMG_9984.jpeg

Then the Carpenteri decided to go and display with the rubricaudalis so he’s been on and off displaying since he went in.
IMG_9989.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And at a really great price! I think a Diamond flasher might just be in your future!
Definitely, it’s one I nearly got today but went with just these 2. On Saturday I may pick up a Brunneus.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG... can we thread the needle anymore then this?

20240411_154522.jpg

I am completely lost how he got though those gaps.

True i did not like him very much because he would pick on my anthias... but i did not wish him to commit suicide and litterally jump out of a hole smaller then his size.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20240411_154522.jpg

True i did not like him very much because he would pick on my anthias... but i did not wish him to commit suicide and litterally jump out of a hole smaller then his size.
I suspect my brunneus managed the same feat.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nearly picked up one of these guys yesterday, I’m pretty sure I’ll see a Tamarin I can’t resist with my new wrasse tank.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not pick them up yet. One large and one small, both eating well and healthy. I am eyeing and save one of the male CBB. I will for sure pick him up.
I am in Austin taken my son to visit University of Texas. About 5 hrs drive from Corpus Christi, at Austin Aquadome LFS
IMG_1925.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20240411_154522.jpg

he jump when you crack the lid to feed the tank. My Naoko did the same

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back