My Magma

image.jpg

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's wrasse available at live aquaria. Are they really as hard as people say? The lfs had two Leopards, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger as they were both not eating yet. I'm going to give the lfs a shot to get some flashers in, but live aquaria has my wish list, rhomboid, jordani, and a few flashers, just worried about ordering Leopards from mail order.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fortunate enough to find my Potter's wrasse at my LFS. It took me a few days of trying different foods to get him started eating well but once I did he begin to eat everything and has been a very hardy, model citizen in my tank. He bothers nothing in the tank and get's along with all my other wrasses.

I order on line all the time but being able to see if the fish will eat is a big deal with leopards.

AlbinoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards ships pretty bad. I ordered a couple from live aquaria and they came in really bad shape, very stressed and swimming upside down

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice
I got a supermale a couple months ago from my wholesaler. Didn't have the heart to sell it cuz it's so big and beautiful
Enjoy yours. Mine will eat out of my hand

jlear3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of adding another Brees of leopard wrasse or a fairy wrasse to my tank with a black leopard wrasse. Is this a good idea? Stocking is planned at 2x clowns 2x wrasse and my sailfin Blenny. Can anyone recommend wrasses that would play well with a black leopard wrasse with a bit more color

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of adding another Brees of leopard wrasse or a fairy wrasse to my tank with a black leopard wrasse. Is this a good idea? Stocking is planned at 2x clowns 2x wrasse and my sailfin Blenny. Can anyone recommend wrasses that would play well with a black leopard wrasse with a bit more color
If the tank is over 40g there are a lot of good potential wrasses. What size is the tank?
I got a quickie ??? I'm about to add a heilfeckii fire fish tomorrow do you think I should put it in an acclimation box?
What are the tankmates?

Most wrasses won't care about a firefish, but the ones that would be problematic will cause an issue regardless of whether an acclimation box is used or not.

Djbrandriff150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank is over 40g there are a lot of good potential wrasses. What size is the tank?

What are the tankmates?

Most wrasses won't care about a firefish, but the ones that would be problematic will cause an issue regardless of whether an acclimation box is used or not.

Alright I'll try it out for a day or two see how it goes

reeferparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No better place than here to ask if a labouti, rhomboids, and naoko would get along in the same tank.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No better place than here to ask if a labouti, rhomboids, and naoko would get along in the same tank.
Labouti and naokoae are more agressive than the rhomboidalis, so unless the tank is several hundred gallons and the rhomboid is well established, I would recommend against that combo.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back