HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20g

4964305d11be45bd26d04f9570224e60.jpg

Might be question for QT thread but with the diamond tails already in there would you just add the others. Just curious. I have three wrasses in my 20L and just started prazi and plan to do TTM after but want to add more at some point.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be question for QT thread but with the diamond tails already in there would you just add the others. Just curious. I have three wrasses in my 20L and just started prazi and plan to do TTM after but want to add more at some point.

No I would not I will setup a next qt that I have there don’t want to stress out my diamonds or the new comers plus I have two other wrasse in there also and a sunburst goby. I have to make up my mind by the end of the day if I’m ordering the crescent tail as the pintail did not make the list but I will still add it if I order[emoji33].

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No I would not I will setup a next qt that I have there don’t want to stress out my diamonds or the new comers plus I have two other wrasse in there also and a sunburst goby. I have to make up my mind by the end of the day if I’m ordering the crescent tail as the pintail did not make the list but I will still add it if I order[emoji33].
Got it! Thanks and good luck with them.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be resetting the QT clock on everything if you did.

Enm89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I have a female Scott's and a male exquisite, the exquisite keeps harassing the Scott's. Do you think this behavior will get worst? I plan to add a flame wrasse and a lineatus doing the proper aclimation procedure, but I always thought the exquisite was a non agresive wrasse. Any suggestions??

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, so I have a female Scott's and a male exquisite, the exquisite keeps harassing the Scott's. Do you think this behavior will get worst? I plan to add a flame wrasse and a lineatus doing the proper aclimation procedure, but I always thought the exquisite was a non agresive wrasse. Any suggestions??

I'll let the resident experts chime in but is it a relentless chase around the tank and constant hiding or just random? Tank size? If its just random it could be just setting the hierarchy in the tank.

Adding more would distract the exquisite but once that Scott's gets bigger it will rule the roost.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was following along...here are some pics of mine.....4 Leopards.... Ornate...Melegris... Vermiculated....and a Moyer's... Red Coris...and a yellow Wrasse. I was thinking about adding a China Wrasse to the mix....any thoughts?
f9d69a289ed66071d0cf790b7b94ece2.jpg
fc04a4a6680ef3230e5e7df90eeed5b7.jpg
62eda403041de230f8f8613905806de1.jpg
2c2dc417fd6fe88100e552573f9ecf76.jpg
323dec749b6a7dfb2e30138649098c2c.jpg
c28ac1d2ea05066927799229fbd94f8e.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi....i would wait a little longer before doing anything....how long have you had the Scott's and the exquisite? From my own experience mixing Wrasses is not a exact science that's for sure. Some listed as peaceful turn into terrors and vice versa....

Enm89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let the resident experts chime in but is it a relentless chase around the tank and constant hiding or just random? Tank size? If its just random it could be just setting the hierarchy in the tank.

Adding more would distract the exquisite but once that Scott's gets bigger it will rule the roost.

It happens a couple of times a day but the Scott's has some bites in the tail. The tank is a 130 gallon

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exquisitus is usually a pretty mellow fairy wrasse, however it is also very closely related to scott's fairies, so aggression can be worse among closely related species.

If the aggression is only chasing a few times a day and isn't relentless, then I wouldn't be overly concerned.
I was following along...here are some pics of mine.....4 Leopards.... Ornate...Melegris... Vermiculated....and a Moyer's... Red Coris...and a yellow Wrasse. I was thinking about adding a China Wrasse to the mix....any thoughts?
f9d69a289ed66071d0cf790b7b94ece2.jpg
fc04a4a6680ef3230e5e7df90eeed5b7.jpg
62eda403041de230f8f8613905806de1.jpg
2c2dc417fd6fe88100e552573f9ecf76.jpg
323dec749b6a7dfb2e30138649098c2c.jpg
c28ac1d2ea05066927799229fbd94f8e.jpg
A china wrasse will mix fine with those species.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exquisitus is usually a pretty mellow fairy wrasse, however it is also very closely related to scott's fairies, so aggression can be worse among closely related species.

If the aggression is only chasing a few times a day and isn't relentless, then I wouldn't be overly concerned.

A china wrasse will mix fine with those species.
Thanks a bunch!!!! [emoji3]

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sensitive to a whole lot of things. And then if you get past the barriers, it becomes a big fish.
As much as I would admire one, I don't want one.

This pretty much got addressed pages back, but I've always found those two to be okay together. I have done it in the past and doing it again now.
The complex is pretty mild for the most part. When mixing various combinations of the complex I have only seen lunatus and brunneus want to kill each other.
A Brunneus would be bossed around too. Pretty timid. Mine was the biggest in the tank and a small exquisite ruled the roost.

Hey @evolved Any issues with your isosceles and your johnsoni?
Goes to show how each individual fish is different. My brunneus is by far the most boisterous when compared to the c. lunatus and c. isoceles. No major aggression, but it's obvious he rules the tank. They are in with 5 other fairy wrasse so that probably helps.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goes to show how each individual fish is different. My brunneus is by far the most boisterous when compared to the c. lunatus and c. isoceles. No major aggression, but it's obvious he rules the tank. They are in with 5 other fairy wrasse so that probably helps.
I totally agree.....I had a small Juvi checkerboard wrasse....he was fine when I first put him in the tank...then 2 months later he turned out to be a total jerk...he chassed my 4 leopards around relentlessly....who had been in my tank for a year before I got the Checkerboard Wrasse....so I caught him and took him back to my LFS. I didn't see much info online where people had issues....but that goes to show they all have their own personalites.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 56 44.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back