The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Jcarvallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

This is my solon wrasse. Is his face color normal?
All the pictures i find over the internet shows a yellow face.

Thanks you
Julio

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pretty aggressive with that particular QT protocol, somewhat as an experiment to see how the wrasse would handle it. She was QT'd with a 4" Gold Rim Tang at 60mg/gallon. She ate well the entire 30 days of QT as did the tang. 40mg/gallon is what Humblefish recommends for preventative treatment.

HiSalty

Not sure if you saw my other thread, but I lost a kole tang that was in QT with my flame wrasse.no visible signs of disease or past erratic behavior. I responded today by treating with Prazi (I had planned on starting today as a matter fact... :( ).

I have been told not to mix prazi with copper, but wondering if you had experience wit mixing prazi with CP, as I am feeling like I should start the CP treatment. Since you have used CP, any tips or issues I should be aware of?

I am using a corner filter, anything I should or shouldn’t add to tank?

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HiSalty

Not sure if you saw my other thread, but I lost a kole tang that was in QT with my flame wrasse.no visible signs of disease or past erratic behavior. I responded today by treating with Prazi (I had planned on starting today as a matter fact... :( ).

I have been told not to mix prazi with copper, but wondering if you had experience wit mixing prazi with CP, as I am feeling like I should start the CP treatment. Since you have used CP, any tips or issues I should be aware of?

I would just start copper and skip praise if you are nervous about ice or velvet being the culprit.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HiSalty

Like @HairyGary said, most everything you treat with Prazi you have a little time (flukes might be an exception if their really bad). If you're worried about velvet or ich treat with copper or CP and treat for worms/flukes once that's done.

I have used CP and General Cure(metronidazole/prazi) together without problem though.

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, too bad i started prazi already. No real signs of ich or velvet, but i know they are the real killers and don't necessarily show signs.

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh just read that mixing liquid prazi (which is what i used) with CP is a no-no.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited on my new parrot...
7f397a3da7264bed87c1591f042ba546.jpg

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so i have a sponge filter (with an airhose) and another airstone as well. was going to add a powerhead, but should the 2 sources of aeration be enough?

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
okay so i have a sponge filter (with an airhose) and another airstone as well. was going to add a powerhead, but should the 2 sources of aeration be enough?
I would use airstone and point a powerhead to the surface for more aeration

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you guys think? Should i wait a day and use copper with a hanna checker? Or should i go ahead and start a day earlier and use CP?

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dosed copper yesterday morning, but will be doing water changes. But if HairyGary says to do copper, i will waituntil thursday night to start on copper.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, I can't get over $550 for a flasher wrasse. I think I paid $189 for mine a few years ago and thought that was crazy for a flasher.
I know! Mine was much less just at the beginning of the year. Maybe it’s the old lore of a Bells being the holy grail of flashers a while back but I can’t spend $450 on it when it looks too much like a Royal.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! Mine was much less just at the beginning of the year. Maybe it’s the old lore of a Bells being the holy grail of flashers a while back but I can’t spend $450 on it when it looks too much like a Royal.

And I know one vendor that wants $150 for a terminal phase Royal. I got mine for $69

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back