Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DrOfWelshMagic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the Lineatus few weeks ago. The pink margin flashed and chased and nipped, so I put it into a smaller tank for a week and put it back to main tank and they seem fine for now...

Ooooh lineatus and pink Margin together.... out of all Cirilhabrus these are the 2 I wouldn't put together

DrOfWelshMagic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!!!
The Pink Margin and Carpenters both made it through qt (2 rounds of prazipro and TTM) fat and healthy so, I decided they were good to go in the main tank. Mistake 1, My clowns had spawned and it was 3 days before they hatched so they were in pitbull mode around their pot. Mistake 2, I didnt wait til lights out and I didnt rearrange the rockwork... They pair of them were literally battered for 3 days from all angles. The starry blenny would chase them over to the corner the clowns had their babies, they chased them away with a passion and in between the exquisite and cyanopleura were trying to get at them too... it was literally chaos. I tried placing pictures of fish on the glass, turning lights off, feeding double the normal amount and even whooping the clowns butt with a stick, (gently) lol, then, after totally rearranging almost my whole scape and removing the clowns pot replacing it with extra rock I had cycling, I came down this morning expecting to see 1 if not both of them struggling and it was the opposite. They were all swimming around as if nothing had happened and the pink Margin was even chasing the exquisite and cyanopleura around... just hope this continues for a while as I'm no mood for another rescape/tank year down to catch unruly wrasse hee hee. I tried to add a video but couldn't...

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooh lineatus and pink Margin together.... out of all Cirilhabrus these are the 2 I wouldn't put together

I agree, though I kept both together for several years in a 72x24 tank without incident.

DrOfWelshMagic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 5 wrasse gathered within 6 inches of each other peacefully for a photoshoot (after 3 days of trying to kill each other)...
IMG_20190528_155454_218.jpg

ascheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if this is a Vanuatu Exquisite Wrasse? Are they collecting them again? Thanks

C3896B75-5953-4CFD-BAF0-E0E4418CFE71.png
I cannot vouch for it's accuracy, but the description says it is from the Maldives. It's color and patterning looks stressed, which is obscuring its true look.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after having this guy for a couple weeks I realized how he was caught. I believe he swam straight into the net and said lets go to America! He not afraid of nothing, I did a water change this morning and he kept swimming up to my hand and hose while I was draining the water out. Oh yea notice the fat gut, he eats like a horse
DT 5-22-19.JPG

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice Alton. How big is he?
I got another Eightline Flasher female. She is tiny, only about short of 1.5 inches.
She is in my QT system now with the clowns. I hope to get her fatten up. She is doing OK, a little thin, small and bland for such an expensive fish. Her potential is great however.
Eightline2Flasher2019053002.jpg
Eightline2Flasher2019053001.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back