0   0   0
naokofairy2019091904-jpg.1212634

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who has any first hand knowledge with an Atavai wrasse ? i saw one today and did find some info on them but was hoping to find someone who actually had one

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to the hobby and haven't taken that much of an interest in wrasses until now....and I've got the bug!

I currently have a whip-fin fairy wrasse in my DT (bare-bottom). I was stunned to see it flashing yesterday. I mean, I knew they did it but to see it in person is something else.

I also picked up a large, fat lineatus wrasse (cheaper here than the US!) and a possum wrasse over the weekend which are in quarantine. I know why they are called a possum wrasse now....I've seen it's apparently lifeless body sideways on the bottom of the tank about 5 times this weekend.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a flasher wrasse (ordered off divers den) in QT for 3-4 weeks. He's been through copper and is now undergoing prazi/metro treatment. There have been multiple times where it looks like I'm going to lose him...he will lie sideways on the bottom of the tank or in a PVC pipe and not move at all. won't eat either. probably 24 hours or so later, he's up and swimming around. looks perfectly healthy and attacks all food that goes into the tank. any ideas or anyone have similar experiences?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got distracted and left the top open on 1 section of my tank when I was feeding a couple days ago(I'm sure you can guess where this is going) and when I went in to check on my tank the next morning 2 of my wrasse had jumped. I lost a rubrimarginatus and tonozukai but my carpenter flasher stayed in the tank.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on 2 wrasse that will play nice together and with the flasher.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next thing you know they’ll have blow our minds with Leonard’s wrasses and red tailed tamarins or something extreme. :rolleyes:
Look at what I got at Petco today, for 37.88 after tax. (picture above)
The Naoko Fairy above also came from Petco, but not today.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man your petco is amazing lol. last time i was at my petco they had some messed up looking clowns, a couple of bangaiis, numerous empty tanks, then some bird wrasses

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a flasher wrasse (ordered off divers den) in QT for 3-4 weeks. He's been through copper and is now undergoing prazi/metro treatment. There have been multiple times where it looks like I'm going to lose him...he will lie sideways on the bottom of the tank or in a PVC pipe and not move at all. won't eat either. probably 24 hours or so later, he's up and swimming around. looks perfectly healthy and attacks all food that goes into the tank. any ideas or anyone have similar experiences?
One thing I will warn you of is that wrasses are very sensitive to Prazi and well copper. As far as copper, chelated is best (I use coppersafe). When using it with wrasses, bring it up to therputic levels slooooowly. Prazi, well all I can say is I'm 0 for 6 w/ wrasses and Prazi. If I have to use it, i use General Cure as it has Prazi and metro mixed a lower dosage. I don't want to scare you but as far as MY experience i will not use prazi, just GC for my wrasses. I'm cautious even with GC. Good luck, wrasses are awesome.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I got distracted and left the top open on 1 section of my tank when I was feeding a couple days ago(I'm sure you can guess where this is going) and when I went in to check on my tank the next morning 2 of my wrasse had jumped. I lost a rubrimarginatus and tonozukai but my carpenter flasher stayed in the tank.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on 2 wrasse that will play nice together and with the flasher.

Depends on the size of your tank but assume it is at least 75 or more given you had the rubrimarginatus and tonozukai in it. If you add another type of flasher wrasse you should be fine but introduce it in an acclimation box.

If you with to add two Cirrhilabrus again I suggest reading @evolved 's article here:

Great info on compatibility. Lots of great wrasses out there! Good luck!

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the size of your tank but assume it is at least 75 or more given you had the rubrimarginatus and tonozukai in it. If you add another type of flasher wrasse you should be fine but introduce it in an acclimation box.

If you with to add two Cirrhilabrus again I suggest reading @evolved 's article here:

Great info on compatibility. Lots of great wrasses out there! Good luck!
I've read it and while true to an extent my 2 did not follow the general rules laid out there. My margin was a pain in the butt and very aggressive while the tonzo was pretty docile. I have a 180 gallon so there is plenty of room for a couple wrasse to get along. I was really just looking for other peoples experiences with different varieties and what worked well together.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back