The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn’t my picture however, I’m assuming she’ll look somewhat like this as an adult (I have never owned any leopard wrasse unfortunately however, I have a few I want in mind)
I say adult but I mean adult male,
Also that christmas I’m guessing is H. biocellatus, I’ve seen two in person but both have been juvenile/female coloration, I’m still debating on what my final wrasse will be, I can get in a naoko (Which I already have growing), the choice now is two different species of anampses or leopards but knowing how hard leopards are to cohabitate I might go for two anampses

It’s a nice collection of wrasse you have though, you certainly have a few I would love to have (It’s annoying I only have a 20g nano, but as soon as I get a 50g it’s going wrasse only)

Last edited:

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I got the bug bad. I think my tank is full sadly. I’ve got here:
Yellow coris
Spotted leopard
Black leopard
Laboute
Blue flasher
Mccosker flasher
Christmas (h biocellllblahblah)
Exquisite

dasly my golden rhomboid died. Think from a bad shipping experience. And I always want more. My lfs seems to get a bunch in pretty often

How do you like the Laboute? Does it get pushed around?

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Laboute? Does it get pushed around?
I love him. He gets along fine with everyone. Sometimes the yellow tang chases him a little but it’s nothing bad and only a little in the evenings. But the tang does that to everyone in the afternoon.
2535383B-C8B5-4744-88A3-C3DE4D8F8451.jpeg

Attachments

• 09BFF097-8BBE-4A32-980C-B74092DF56AF.jpeg
    09BFF097-8BBE-4A32-980C-B74092DF56AF.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 41

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a wrasse sit still for a pic like that before. Was trying to get a shot of my black leopard for my other post and he just came up to me and posed lol. Couldn’t resist getting finally a good pic of him

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooo! Sorry for your loss :(
Where are you sourcing another Vivienae from?
I want to get it from TSM again. I want it fully QT'd. She jumped when I was feeding the tank. The top of the tank is at 6 feet and is a built in tank. So I didn't know she was on top of the screen when I closed things up. I check every time now.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get it from TSM again. I want it fully QT'd. She jumped when I was feeding the tank. The top of the tank is at 6 feet and is a built in tank. So I didn't know she was on top of the screen when I closed things up. I check every time now.
That’s a shame.. Vivienaes are so pretty although I have never seen one in person I always check the top of my tank for wrasse during a water change even though they never make it out of the tank I don’t want to take any chances
Just a slight issue- I think my tang got ich (Im still waiting for it to be confirmed) but I don’t want to take any chances, are wrasse susceptible to ich like tangs?

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a shame.. Vivienaes are so pretty although I have never seen one in person I always check the top of my tank for wrasse during a water change even though they never make it out of the tank I don’t want to take any chances
Just a slight issue- I think my tang got ich (Im still waiting for it to be confirmed) but I don’t want to take any chances, are wrasse susceptible to ich like tangs?
Yeah- Fricken tang has put a stop to the plans of adding more wrasse, dangit that China was a beauty too

NanoWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these as Carpenter Flasher wrasses but now after some TLC. I'm pretty sure I ended up with a pair of Splendid Pintail Fairys lol

Attachments

• 20210906_155403.jpg
    20210906_155403.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210906_155257.jpg
    20210906_155257.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 49

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, how did you get away with such an exotic wrasse being sold as a less exotic wrasse (Trying to keep my words so it doesn’t seem like I’m saying people with mccoskers and/or Carpenters have a basic wrasse)

Last edited:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these as Carpenter Flasher wrasses but now after some TLC. I'm pretty sure I ended up with a pair of Splendid Pintail Fairys lol
Very nice score! you ended up with a pintail and a lunate

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’ll be nice too since that lunate looks to be a female so if my suspisions are correct you’ll see a nice transformation from female to male with that wrasse (Although I don’t think she will get the full male colours)

NanoWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! So I did get a big score then, I feel very lucky. I bought these at my LFS from a tank that had no writing on it so I had to ask the employee what they were and I was told it was a pair of Carpenters. They were both identical looking in the tank but after sitting in mine and being feed PE Mysis they are coloring up nicely.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! So I did get a big score then, I feel very lucky. I bought these at my LFS from a tank that had no writing on it so I had to ask the employee what they were and I was told it was a pair of Carpenters. They were both identical looking in the tank but after sitting in mine and being feed PE Mysis they are coloring up nicely.
I’m surprised they weren’t snatched up earlier since they are one of the more looked for species (Honestly I think the old school species aren’t as appreciated as the much more newer species are)

NanoWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, how did you get away with such an exotic wrasse being sold as a less exotic wrasse (Trying to keep my words so it doesn’t seem like I’m saying people with mccoskers and/or Carpenters have a basic

I’m surprised they weren’t snatched up earlier since they are one of the more looked for species (Honestly I think the old school species aren’t as appreciated as the much more newer species are)
I got there when there the day after a fish order arrived so I had first dibs lol I got super lucky tbh

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got there when there the day after a fish order arrived so I had first dibs lol I got super lucky tbh
I wish I could get first dibs however, I always leave it two days after the new fish order my LFS get (They get two per week but I rarely see the fish from the first order and if I do see some it’s always the not so nice looking fish or the ‘basic’ things like clownfish, even the new designers don’t excite me anymore and instead it’s the wrasses like A. neoguinaicus and C. iscocoles)

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful wrasses, especially the pin. Time will tell if the pintail beats on the lunate. Hopefully not. What size tank will they be in?

NanoWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful wrasses, especially the pin. Time will tell if the pintail beats on the lunate. Hopefully not. What size tank will they be in?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the pintail won't beat up the lunate either but they will be in my 30g cube for a year then into my upgrade 100g. I might set up a QT tank to split them up if they become aggressive towards eachother though lol

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back