Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s not a wrasse but…
7FE3E08B-EB06-4EEB-86B8-56B9F27B748A.jpeg

It’s a captive bred regal angelfish!!
As soon as I saw ‘not a wrasse’ I was hoping you took my option.
Beautiful :)

I won’t lie, I’m slightly jealous of yours being that misbarred but I guess the CB ones are known for their misbars

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy and hope it works out for you. Also word of advice is they keep only wrasse in the holding tanks. Tangs and other fish go in different systems. Also if I do say so my self you picked some winners

That's good. I plan on 4-6 weeks in my observation tank that has been up for 2.5 years. No copper. Just will do prazi and watch. Just got to move the chrysus and pink streak out. Thanks for your help!

th365thli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I posted this as a thread but figured I'd signal boost it here as well: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/blue-star-leopard-wrasse-found-dead-stuck-in-rocks.961241/

Essentially my 4 day old leopard wrasse was found dead stuck underneath a rock. When I say stuck I meant it took a good 5 minutes and some force with a tweezer to get it out. Half it's body was sticking out. It was stuck head first. My theory is that it got stuck while burrowing/unburrowing.

No adverse signs. Active and eating frozen. No signs of aggression from other fish. Tank parameters good. Is getting stuck a plausible way of dying?? I legit thought it was doing great up until now.

65 gallon
Bubble Magus 3ex skimmer
fuge with chaeto only
LPS and softy mix, all corals doing fine
Red bubble tip anemone, looking healthy, I view this guy as the canary in the coal mine for water issues
1.025g
phosphate .05ppm
alkalinity 7-8 dkh

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good. I plan on 4-6 weeks in my observation tank that has been up for 2.5 years. No copper. Just will do prazi and watch. Just got to move the chrysus and pink streak out. Thanks for your help!
No problem. Sounds like a good plan. Joel messaged me today about the deal. We message a bunch daily. I worked with him about treatment and how to condition awhile back.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a new wrasse! all you guys talking about getting new wrasses is making me go thru withdrawals lol
You’re not the only one getting back into the addiction!
I’m really tempted to replace my flasher now… Im praying I find either a juvenile/female shutmani or a female attenuatus flasher.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! still only on the wish lists
Dang it… So I guess that’s a no for most if not all Wrasse species in Hawaii, if only people bred Coris venusta, maybe Coris dorsomacula will go higher.
Any thoughts on how a Coris species would fare with my gang?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it… So I guess that’s a no for most if not all Wrasse species in Hawaii, if only people bred Coris venusta, maybe Coris dorsomacula will go higher.
Any thoughts on how a Coris species would fare with my gang?
To my knowledge no wrasses made the list.

It depends on which Coris spp. you're interested in. Which one(s) do you have in mind?

Back