The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekly update on the Pink Streak Trio;
I have Atleast 2 of the 3 left. I could be wrong and have all 3 however the issue is I’ve been rather busy and therefor not looked at the tank as much unless it’s the weekend. Will try to watch the tank for a while tomorrow and make sure I am correct in saying I only have two left.
I probably have all three but the issue is they’re all identical so I’ll see one out but not know if I’ve seen that specific specimen out already. Easiest way to see is if all of them appear at the same time.

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like those are possibly markings on a juvenile McCoskeris. From HumbleFish thread responses:

"The juvenile McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse, pictured below have an orange background color with three purple lines radiating back from the nose stopping just ahead of the gills. The eye is ringed in red and there is a prominent white mark just above the eye. Two purples stripes start behind the gills and go back towards the caudal area and there is a purple stripe along the dorsal section of the body alongside the dorsal fin."

The linked resource is very informative.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F135AAB3-EA37-4B5B-BDD6-6CCCF0CCE81C.jpeg

My buddy in my office tank

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like those are possibly markings on a juvenile McCoskeris. From HumbleFish thread responses:

"The juvenile McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse, pictured below have an orange background color with three purple lines radiating back from the nose stopping just ahead of the gills. The eye is ringed in red and there is a prominent white mark just above the eye. Two purples stripes start behind the gills and go back towards the caudal area and there is a purple stripe along the dorsal section of the body alongside the dorsal fin."

The linked resource is very informative.
I just saw your original post, but looks like you already got the correct answer :) Yep, it's a juvenile trait.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had a lot of wrasses in my reefing career. My favorite by far has been my ornate leopard wrasse. He survived a tank move stuck in the sand of an emptied tank.
Wow! That's really impressive!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekly update on the Pink Streak Trio;
I have Atleast 2 of the 3 left. I could be wrong and have all 3 however the issue is I’ve been rather busy and therefor not looked at the tank as much unless it’s the weekend. Will try to watch the tank for a while tomorrow and make sure I am correct in saying I only have two left.
I probably have all three but the issue is they’re all identical so I’ll see one out but not know if I’ve seen that specific specimen out already. Easiest way to see is if all of them appear at the same time.
I come back with the news of I still have the trio. It was funny because they managed to trick me when I looked at the tank at first.
All I saw were all three going down into the rocks from the same area of the tank so it just looked like the same specimen was zooming up and down constantly. I only noticed when I saw all three chilling ontop of the rocks

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I add a Black Leopard, Hiding.... eating at store, Plus A Golden Rhomboidalis. got some photos of other wrasse, Did get the Rhomboidalis, Full tank shot on Build site

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 29

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I add a Black Leopard, Hiding.... eating at store, Plus A Golden Rhomboidalis. got some photos of other wrasse, Did get the Rhomboidalis, Full tank shot on Build site
The pink streak is beautiful, when did you add her?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went a little crazy at the LFS but how could I resist these 3 healthy and eating beauties?
Question though, can I add a Coris gaimard to the tank with the radiant wrasse in the future?

tempImageO3nnOw.png
tempImageSNMNrz.png
You could but be warned:
Coris gaimard will become highly aggressive as they age. It will also get rather large.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back