The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess all the S. solorenisis we ID in the reef keeping community is now renamed as S. aquamarinus. Mine is a very beautiful and docile Wrasse. Long live, in comparison to other fairy and Flasher wrasses.
Most of the C. solorensis I’ve seen have been C. aquamarinus, C. chalasai is the only one of the three that I have rarely seen.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So which one is this one?
SolonFairy2019062402.jpg
That is the Cirrhilabrus aquamarinus, this is the one that is easiest to ID, the other two look very similar.
Here’s all 9 Species in the Cyanopleura complex.
51CA8669-DACC-4E0C-BDA9-B870BD393FD8.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Aquamariunus Flashing and resting coloration.
Flashing. I was told under ultra violet spectrum, the color change is brilliant with flashing. He normally flashing near the end of the day so the color of the light is slightly bluer as the light come down in my tank.
SolonFairy2020101902.jpg

Baseline coloration
SolonFairy2019061602a.jpg

KassScott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess all the S. solorenisis we ID in the reef keeping community is now renamed as S. aquamarinus. Mine is a very beautiful and docile Wrasse. Long live, in comparison to other fairy and Flasher wrasses.
Seems like we hear so much about them being not very nice. Well at least more aggressive than some. So pretty!!….

KassScott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the Cirrhilabrus aquamarinus, this is the one that is easiest to ID, the other two look very similar.
Here’s all 9 Species in the Cyanopleura complex.
51CA8669-DACC-4E0C-BDA9-B870BD393FD8.jpeg
Yeah. Looking at this pic the ones I’ve seen labeled for sale as solorensis are for sure aquamarinus. Much different coloration.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, last night was a bad night for Lubbock's fairy wrasses apparently. My male cebu lubbocks who has been doing amazing managed to get out of the tiny hole I forgot to cover back up after feeding the tank, and was completely dried out crispy on the lid, and the new indo lubbocks was dead in quarantine. No idea what happened, no signs of disease or aggression.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, last night was a bad night for Lubbock's fairy wrasses apparently. My male cebu lubbocks who has been doing amazing managed to get out of the tiny hole I forgot to cover back up after feeding the tank, and was completely dried out crispy on the lid, and the new indo lubbocks was dead in quarantine. No idea what happened, no signs of disease or aggression.
Such a shame to hear about that…
Lubbocki’s will jump if given a reason, my two jump atleast once a night when displaying (my biggest reason for wanting a deeper tank).

As for the Indo, it may have been the way he was collected as many Indonesian species are still collected by Cyanide.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a shame to hear about that…
Lubbocki’s will jump if given a reason, my two jump atleast once a night when displaying (my biggest reason for wanting a deeper tank).

As for the Indo, it may have been the way he was collected as many Indonesian species are still collected by Cyanide.
Yeah, the cebu loved to display and chase around the Lyretail damsels. He was the tank boss.

As for the indo, pretty sure it had something to do with collection. He looked good overall, but he came into the store the same day we bought him. I should have done a necropsy to confirm, but was gone almost all day yesterday, found him at 11:30pm, and had to get up for work at 5AM...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new species of flasher wrasse was discovered a few days ago. Check this beauty out!

Ooo!
What’s it scientific? ;)
and do we know if it’ll be on any lists any time soon? Those colours are stunning.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo!
What’s it scientific? ;)
and do we know if it’ll be on any lists any time soon? Those colours are stunning.
No name yet. It was just discovered a few days ago by Brian D. Greene in American Samoa.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No name yet. It was just discovered a few days ago by Brian D. Greene in American Samoa.
Nice, wonder if we’ll get a Paracheilinus briangreenei ontop of the Cirrhilabrus briangreenei.
For now, I guess we get the fun game of guess the name.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As if it’s not confusing enough. Lol.
Just you wait till you go into the other genera haha, then you’ll think of that as child’s play :)

Back