20230527_083401.jpg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some morning photos.

Female rhomboid has been developing some pretty colors lately. Still completely enamored with her.
IMG_0705.jpeg

Mr. Pink Streak inspecting his rock flower mountain where he, Mrs. Pink streak, and a tailspot blenny sleep.
IMG_0923.jpeg
Uh oh, has Mrs. Pink Streak been seeing someone on the side?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha. She better not be!

He just takes a look around his mountain every morning. Kinda like an old man that is proud of his yard, he just takes a look around inspecting it :D
Great analogy. I can totally see an old fish yelling at the young'uns to get off his lawn of encrusting montis.

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking with my LFS GM, he says the Cirrhilabrus naokoae, don't travel well and aren't that hardy? from what I have read here and other areas they say very hardy fish. Have also been thinking about Cirrhilabrus laboutei, Cirrhilabrus lineatus, I had also considered a Black Leopard ( I have no QT, worried it wouldn't adjust well. I also see here a lot of recommendations to others about the Radiant, never seen one in person. Are they better in person than pictures? plus do they adapt quickly?

A bunch of hungry mouths......

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking with my LFS GM, he says the Cirrhilabrus naokoae, don't travel well and aren't that hardy? from what I have read here and other areas they say very hardy fish. Have also been thinking about Cirrhilabrus laboutei, Cirrhilabrus lineatus, I had also considered a Black Leopard ( I have no QT, worried it wouldn't adjust well. I also see here a lot of recommendations to others about the Radiant, never seen one in person. Are they better in person than pictures? plus do they adapt quickly?

A bunch of hungry mouths......
So I’ve tried Naokoe twice and both times they died. I’m guessing it’s something to do with collection like cyanide collection. My first died of UNWD and it is the wrasse I see on that thread most often unfortunately.
IMG_1928.jpeg

As for Iridis. They are really beautiful and mine adapted immediately. Also mine is an absolutely perfect citizen unlike my other halichoeres who sometimes bully.
IMG_3165.jpeg

Haven’t had the other fairies but with a leopard I’d say it should do well if it’s eating. The usual shipping injuries are their usual downfall. I wouldn’t say they’re that difficult though.

Last edited:

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve tried Naokoe twice and both times they died. I’m guessing it’s something to do with collection like cyanide collection. My first died of UNWD and it is the wrasse I see on that thread most often unfortunately.

As for Iridis. They are really beautiful and mine adapted immediately. Also mine is an absolutely perfect citizen unlike my other halichoeres who sometimes bully.

Haven’t had the other fairies but with a leopard I’d say it should do well if it’s eating. The usual shipping injuries are their usual downfall. I wouldn’t say they’re that difficult though.
I would have to say your Radiant is gorgeous. An Thank you

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Radiant and my Naoko wrasses if anything, my pictures do not do justice to my two wrasse, especially the Naoko
I did not have any difficulty with these wrasse. My friends have been telling me that just because I don’t have problem with a fish, it does not mean that that fish is easy.
IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_6578.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand pictures don't do justice for H. iridis.
IMG_3165.jpeg
I'm no Orion but I am proud of this photo. I think it’s a good representation.

Last edited:

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful @Slocke your Radiant is still a female. My larger one is a terminal male.

Juvenile
IMG_1832.jpeg
IMG_1831.jpeg

Female
IMG_1549.jpeg
That juvenile is tiny and must have transitioned fairly early. Perhaps mine has not as the H timorensis has become the dominant wrasse in the tank.

I’m amazed with how you have managed to document the life stages of so many fish. It is a truly valuable resource.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learning to take picture today is easy. You can take unlimited numbers of picture and see your result right away.
Before around 2000, I have to take picture on film, it is expensive. Each roll only take about 24 pictures the. I have to wait and have it develops before i can see the result.
Now I have a small card that hold a practically unlimited numbers of pictures. Just take a bunch then just keep the one I like.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do leopards typically ship in sand or bag only?
It depends on the store you buy from, I know one LFS that ships sand in with any sand sleeping species. I also do this but this when bagging them up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back