The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a M. bipartitis from Dr. Reef! He says in his experience only thing that works for easing shipping stress/danger is shipping Macropharyngodon in black bags. Fingers crossed! I think it will be a few weeks before it comes (along with Stonogobiops yasha and a captive bred Koumansetta rainfordi). Enough time to finish off arranging the sand bed and get an acclimation box!

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can put a large mirror on the tank now to get him some reprieve.
Normally I put a large mirror on my tank to get all the fish excited and flashing several times a week. I think a little territorial dispute is natural and healthy for the fish. Get their testosterone going. I know it help to keep the colors of my fish top notch.

It is only natural that the fish have to defend their territory.
I didn't even think about a mirror, thank you! I have a couple from when I introduced my yellow tang. I will try it and hopefully it helps. :)

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can put a large mirror on the tank now to get him some reprieve.
Normally I put a large mirror on my tank to get all the fish excited and flashing several times a week. I think a little territorial dispute is natural and healthy for the fish. Get their testosterone going. I know it help to keep the colors of my fish top notch.

It is only natural that the fish have to defend their territory.
Update - I put up a large mirror and now the wrasses, yellow tang, Midas blenny, and one of my damsels are completely distracted lol. I haven't seen the orangeback come out of hiding yet, but it's only been a short time. Hopefully he'll feel safe enough to come out at feeding time tonight. :)

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean the adult female is also evil looking. They are beautiful but in an evil way!
1685396114665.png
Looks like it was assimilated by the Borg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean the adult female is also evil looking. They are beautiful but in an evil way!
1685396114665.png
I was looking at a few online picture, these picture remind me of “Madame Butterfly”
Certainly not my pictures.
IMG_9149.jpeg
IMG_9148.jpeg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen an adult female, only ever an adult male.

Now that I see what the adult female looks like, I wouldn't mind an adult female.

Juvenile dragon wrasses are super cool, but the adults look like they were the spawn of satan.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! @i cant think @Slocke @Tcook I suggest you guys look at the WWC website if you are looking for some wrasse I literally just popped into the website and I’m seeing a whole bunch of wrasse! My wheels are turning!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed this and it almost ruins my joke on your thread. But yeah it is just a slightly prettier lunatus and lunatus are not that pretty.
I don’t get the price tag it just looks exactly like an isosceles but with a different tail!

[This is just a joke…….]:

Wrasse that is bright yellow and gold and orange and pink and can have blue….WWC: let’s mark it as $120!

Wrasse that is bright yellow and gold and orange and pink and can have blue…it just has a different tail!…..WWC: Let’s mark it as $3000!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! @i cant think @Slocke @Tcook I suggest you guys look at the WWC website if you are looking for some wrasse I literally just popped into the website and I’m seeing a whole bunch of wrasse! My wheels are turning!
Those prices aren't bad. I might have to scoop the next johnson's female;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back