The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Second dive added Anampses chrysocepahlus and @i cant think they are so much prettier in real life. But that was not the highlight as the coolest of wrasse Rhincodon typus made a late appearance!!
I'm going in June next year. I'm planning a SNUBA outing with my daughter.
Let me know if you want recommendations!
 
Second dive added Anampses chrysocepahlus and @i cant think they are so much prettier in real life. But that was not the highlight as the coolest of wrasse Rhincodon typus made a late appearance!!

Let me know if you want recommendations!
That must have been impressive to see!
Also, were there male chrycosephalus, and how big were the females?

Did you see any Rabbitfish?
 
How did you not bring back a box of fish.
Second dive added Anampses chrysocepahlus and @i cant think they are so much prettier in real life. But that was not the highlight as the coolest of wrasse Rhincodon typus made a late appearance!!

Let me know if you want recommendations!
 
That must have been impressive to see!
Also, were there male chrycosephalus, and how big were the females?
Just a pair of females probably 3-4 inches. They were amongst a ton of small fish.
Did you see any Rabbitfish?
Nope. Tons of tangs and parrots. Aren’t rabbits mostly lagoon fish? I have to admit a full size naso tang is a thing to behlod. Also would not fit in any tank under 1000 gallons. This one I saw was probably almost 2ft. I mean I did see a 30ft fish today so in relative terms but that was a massive naso.
 
Last edited:
How did you not bring back a box of fish.
I can’t catch fish walled in by 4 walls. No way could I catch a fish not in a tank.
 
Ok, so I had received some advice earlier on this post for a wrasse to go in my Copperband tank and just picked up a nice pintail fairy wrasse.



tank View attachment 3379696
IMG_20231029_142531687.jpg
1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Let me know if you want recommendations!
We're going to the Big Island. I think the northern coast... I forget the name of it.
 
Years back I went to big island and hit a few of the others. It was a great time. Didn’t have a tank then but smuggled a dead coral skeleton back that was the size of a volleyball. Was told I can’t at airport but it didn’t take much to change their mind
 
Guys! I found my missing sixline wrasse. He's in the refugium!

Now... what am I going to do with the one in QT??
Bitter sweet post. Guessing refuge isn’t big enough to keep him there
Maybe lfs take it
 
@i cant think how things going with your wrasse?

And a picture of some wrasse
IMG_2246.jpeg
My gang are doing great, now the hawk if out the Diamond Tail is happy. Still shy but he was being bullied into hiding for days so I can understand that. The rabbits seem to be trying to coax him out which is interesting to watch.
Displaying between the group seems to be much higher now, although I still can’t quite figure out what the Flavidorsalis looks like in displaying vs settled colours as not much, if anything, changes.
IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg
 
Bitter sweet post. Guessing refuge isn’t big enough to keep him there
Maybe lfs take it
Refugium is bigger than my tank upstairs that has a sixline in it. Just it's full of algae.

Or I could just stick them both in the display.
 
Refugium is bigger than my tank upstairs that has a sixline in it. Just it's full of algae.

Or I could just stick them both in the display.
Two in a display you would end up with one eventually. I like to hear fuge bigger then display!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new