The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had a lubbocks wrasse come in missing the entire eyeball. Like you could see the white bit of skeleton. He stayed in the store for 2 weeks before i believe someone adopted the poor guy. Seemed healthy, eating, peaking, chasing away other fish
dang… wish I was in the US, I’d have taken that guy within an instant.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is that radiant wrasse? I want to add one, but i know Halichoeres can be a bit pushy. I already have an adorned.
Radiants are gorgeous, and are definitely fairly peaceful. They can be pushy to new additions or wrasse that swim right infront of them though.
Not the best photo I’ve ever gotten, but she decided to get in the photo I wanted of the corals.
IMG_8839.jpeg

She was paired, the male unfortunately passed in September/October. But the main thing with these guys is getting them through that shipping phase. It’s a pain. Getting them through an LFS is the best way to get Iridis (or any wrasse for that matter).

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang… wish I was in the US, I’d have taken that guy within an instant.
I wish i could've but my tank has a SUPER dominant Lubbocks already so it would have be certain death.
Yes! I plan to get the iridis through my LFS to hopefully avoid the shipping issues.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish i could've but my tank has a SUPER dominant Lubbocks already so it would have be certain death.
Yes! I plan to get the iridis through my LFS to hopefully avoid the shipping issues.
Lubbocki was the first time i actually ‘broke’ a wrasse ‘rule’ (Now changed to Wrasse guidelines).
I’m sure @Slocke remembers these two;
IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I'm getting ready to setup a 125 gallon mixed reef tank in a couple of weeks and was thinking about adding some beautiful wrasse. Are there wrasse that won't eat my cleanup crew or other shrimp and things I want to keep?
What shrimp do you want to keep?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure yet I'm still researching :)
Most species will be ignored by small Halichoeres. But other genera less known for taking out shrimp include;
Macropharyngodon
Anampses
Cirrhilabrus
Paracheilinus
Pseudojuloides
Xenojulis

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broken possum wrasse doesn’t run and hide when the big guys are riled up during the “20 minutes of hate” (mirror put up in front of glass). He hops right in front of the mirror with the rest of them looking for a scrap.

IMG_2126.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back