The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW I don’t see how this wrasse can reach 9 inches. After almost 2 years mine are only 3.5 inches. I got her the largest was about 2 inches 2 years ago.
I observed some in Fiji that were definitely in the 7-8" camp.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they're definitely beautiful fish, but idk if they're hardy. mine is on death's doorstep and just refuses to eat, which doesn't seem to be a rare occurrence with them judging by several others' experiences with them

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening! We are coming up with the livestock list for our new tank, and want to inquire about the compatibility of a yellow coris wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus) and a red headed solon fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis) as part of the stocking list. From what I have read, they appear to be compatible with one another; does anyone have any input, either yay or nay? Thanks in advance!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening! We are coming up with the livestock list for our new tank, and want to inquire about the compatibility of a yellow coris wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus) and a red headed solon fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis) as part of the stocking list. From what I have read, they appear to be compatible with one another; does anyone have any input, either yay or nay? Thanks in advance!
No worries with those 2 together. ;)

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought so, but thanks for the confirmation, @evolved! We've had new tank set ups with each move, and haven't housed wrasses before. As I've read a good bit of this thread, I have come to appreciate their beauty! Thanks, as always, for your contributions! :)

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I expect issues adding a black leopard wrasse to a tank with a larger, established ornate?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I expect issues adding a black leopard wrasse to a tank with a larger, established ornate?
I don't think there will be problem, if the tank is large and especially if the Black Leopard is a female. There is no problem between my Leopards. Male Black and a female Meleagris. My Black Leopard is very mild manner wrasse.

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would there be an issue putting a female Moyers wrasse in a 300g with a male that is already established? How often do they pair or how difficult would it be? Are they like other fish that need a harem so they don’t harass them to death?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not keep Moyers Leopard but did not have problem with keeping trip of Meleagris or Male and female Black Leopards. My tank is 320 which is close enough to your tank of 300.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long as they are not both male, you should be okay.
Would there be an issue putting a female Moyers wrasse in a 300g with a male that is already established? How often do they pair or how difficult would it be? Are they like other fish that need a harem so they don’t harass them to death?
The catch there, is the "female" 100% female with absolute certainty? If not, this will likely go poorly.

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, just wanted to ask if I have a Divided Leopard Wrasse can I add another same female of it as I have one female and also I would love to add a cleaner wrasse, ornate leopard wrasse female, and white and yellow coris wrasse. Will these are be able to live and let live each other in a tank?? Would love your suggestions please.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a six-line in my BioCube for years and he did great, killed any flatworms too, great fish with a lot of personality...

in a 28g, the tiny critters are almost nonexistent because of this little guy.
B3A59813-E873-4DAF-A52D-59193562998B.png
C4A61861-AA35-4305-B0AD-26CEC472EFD6.png

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have Red Head Solon, Orange-Back Fairy and Yellow Coris Wrasse in my 120gal, can I still add Exquisite Fairy wrasse?

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would note though, I would add them simultaneously. I added a Solor wrasse with an established 6 ine and a yellow coris. Even though the solorensis was larger, it got a major beating from both.. Fished it out and put in another tank with a half the size christmas wrasse.. and it too tried to beat on it. Removed the Christmas wrasse to a third tank... So, it is now a happy Solor wrasse. Gets along well with a Katherine's fairy wrasse, nicely.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have Red Head Solon, Orange-Back Fairy and Yellow Coris Wrasse in my 120gal, can I still add Exquisite Fairy wrasse?
You may have a little problem with the Orange Back and Red Head combination later on, but the Exquisite should not be the problem.
Please see this thread by @evolved on comparability of Fairy wrasses.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back